Builds Mid Life Adventure 2010 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I got my FrontRunner rack yesterday. I started removing the stock rack and I noticed the passenger rear side rail area had scuff marks. I am assuming the PO went into a garage or something that was too low. Unfortunately when I got to literally the last bolt it is spun.🤬 I don't have my dremel or angle grinder because they are at my Moms helping her with a small bath remodel. I thought maybe i could use leverage to get the weld to grab just enough to pull the bolt out. But it didn't work and I created a nice little dent. 🤬 I didn't want to give up I hate not getting a part of a project done.

Now i will have to figure out how to seal the hole. I figure one bolt missing won't be a huge deal but I don't want water getting in the hole. I don't want to remove the headliner.

Well onward.

I spun two bolts and they fell in the headliner. I ended up enlarging the hole slightly to put a nutsert in with some flexible marine-grade sealant for good measure. On the OEM rack, the seal is actually created by the gasket on the "foot" and not the bolts themselves. I have not had any water intrusion in the last year. Your frontrunner rack may be different.

I just wish I hadn't been impatient and dented the room. I guess that is out of the way now though.🙄

I spun two bolts and they fell in the headliner. I ended up enlarging the hole slightly to put a nutsert in with some flexible marine-grade sealant for good measure. On the OEM rack, the seal is actually created by the gasket on the "foot" and not the bolts themselves. I have not had any water intrusion in the last year. Your frontrunner rack may be different.
What size nutsert did you use?

I only have m5 nutserts for bikes.

Hey what should I do about a hi-lift jack? I don't know what to look for.

:cool:

It doesn't matter you're Rich buy one of each, none will fit stock bumpers anyway :p
gotcha, well guess ill have to save up for bumpers then ;)

Got some Wheels and tires Yesterday

Stock Tundra 18's

With 275/65r18 BFG AT Ko2

Only 4? What's your spare?

What you mean it wouldn't work to use the 20" spare?,,,,,? 😂

Yeah I asked. I might get it from him when he gets another RW set up. He spent a bunch on them and had them powder coated black with red graphics, Looked really clean. another member said he had a decent spare for me.

Only 4? What's your spare?
I just sent him a text he is gonna let me know in a month or so when he gets his spare sorted.

Last edited:
OK what is next?
Snokel? Found this one not sure if it will fit. A buddy said he got 2 mpg better when he added a snorkel.
Second Battery?
ARB Compressor or Like?
Skid Plates? Bud Built or diff
Open to other suggestions.

It’s a choose your own adventure. All those are viable ideas depends on what you’re Looking to do. You can go lots of places with good tires and a $50 portable compressor to pump them back up.

Why so conservative?

I only ask as most will want to go bigger pretty quickly.
She is a daily driver and I’m not gonna get too RAD with the wife and my 4 year old with me, Yet I hope.

Were those on CL, I sent a guy a note last week for a set while I was out of town and said he just sold them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom