Builds Mid Life Adventure 2010 LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have to wire the ignition and illume?

Does your truck need to be running?

I wired everything to battery terminal. Truck doesn’t need to be running - and I wouldn’t recommend you do that on a starter battery anyway. The ARB Twin can pull some huge current.

I think my wiring harness was wired wrong from ARB. The black is in the wrong spot. And it seems the switch is shot. I can jump it and it will come on and the switch light will come on but wont turn on the compressor. At least I can jump it if needed.

I will call ARB and see if they will send me a new switch and maybe buy an extra. Wonder if this happens a lot? Up side I learned how to swap the pins on a PED connector. And I don't have to remove and reinstall the compressor. Why do these things always take way longer than they should?

I will call ARB and see if they will send me a new switch and maybe buy an extra. Wonder if this happens a lot? Up side I learned how to swap the pins on a PED connector. And I don't have to remove and reinstall the compressor. Why do these things always take way longer than they should?
I have my arb switch somewhere. You’re welcome to it. Any switch that can put 12 v on the purple wire will work.

I have my arb switch somewhere. You’re welcome to it. Any switch that can put 12 v on the purple wire will work.
I called ARB. Sounds like I need to have the ignition connected. Just need to find the wire.

I wired everything to battery terminal. Truck doesn’t need to be running - and I wouldn’t recommend you do that on a starter battery anyway. The ARB Twin can pull some huge current.
I didn’t realize you wired the ignition to you second battery. Haven’t dealt with auto wiring since High School.

I didn’t realize you wired the ignition to you second battery. Haven’t dealt with auto wiring since High School.

Hey sorry - I don't have a second battery. Just saying that I wired everything from the ARB to my battery, the switch is the isolator. I could run it with truck off but I would definately not recommend it. If you had a second isolated battery you'd probably be okay.

Hope you got it worked out. I have the twin ARB installed on the Slee bracket. Unless you plan to connect an air tank or a remote air connection outside of the engine bay, I think having the switch at the compressor is a great idea. Keeps the wiring simple. Plus every time you use it, you need to start and end the process at the compressor anyways. I had planned to install a tank and connection in the back, but that is now last on my list, so I should have just kept the switch at the compressor. Plus, the ARB switch is not the standard Toyota size (At least mine was not). I had to get out the dremel to make it fit in one of the blank spots. I tapped into the cigarette lighter light. I'm sure we'll connect in the coming months.

SO........I may have just ordered a front and rear bumper from Ben just now. Should I have asked my wife??? I went with a red flat link.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Decided to get a cell booster so we had better coverage when out and about. I went with the WeBoost Drive Reach OTR. Seemed like it was the most powerful and the wife likes to be safe. Gonna start with a basic install and see how it works. If it is good I will do more permanent install.

Cool. I'll be interested to hear how it works in our local area. When is your bumper coming in?

Cool. I'll be interested to hear how it works in our local area. When is your bumper coming in?
Not sure on the bumpers F & R :) I sent Ben an email today. It was 16-18 weeks when I ordered. But he has been hiring folks. Maybe time will improve.

Not sure on the bumpers F & R :) I sent Ben an email today. It was 16-18 weeks when I ordered. But he has been hiring folks. Maybe time will improve.

Awesome. Are you doing the install yourself? If you want to check mine out while we are in town and take lots of pics for the install, let me know. We can make it happen.

Awesome. Are you doing the install yourself? If you want to check mine out while we are in town and take lots of pics for the install, let me know. We can make it happen.
I am, or at least that is the plan. I would love to get some betta! I work in the city at The Alpine Hut, a ski and bike shop, if you are gonna be around the city in the next few days. But I'm gone to your neck of the woods on Saturday AM to spend a week in Napa.

I am, or at least that is the plan. I would love to get some betta! I work in the city at The Alpine Hut, a ski and bike shop, if you are gonna be around the city in the next few days. But I'm gone to your neck of the woods on Saturday AM to spend a week in Napa.

We might be in the city on Thursday and we could definitely swing by. I’ll let you know ASAP.

Are you driving straight through to Napa on Saturday?

We might be in the city on Thursday and we could definitely swing by. I’ll let you know ASAP.

Are you driving straight through to Napa on Saturday?
That would be RAD! Would love to check out the rig. Give me a est time if pos my schedule can vary, would hate to miss ya.

We are visiting fam in Corvallis, OR for lunch and then camping @ Cape Blanco ST park then hitting the 101 S. to Napa

Question, How big a tire can I run without doing fender mods? Wheel spacers are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom