Builds Mid Life Adventure 2010 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it's in stock and you need the full set, for sure a good choice.

I only needed to replace the front TC skid, which in BB terms is front and engine. I considered going the 1/8" for the engine skid (between the front tires), but ended up deciding to take on the extra weight.

I'm sure I am missing something.

Nawh, you got it. I'm just daydreaming of 37s and coveting MTKIDs rig. More lift or tire over contact sports?

Nawh, you got it. I'm just daydreaming of 37s and coveting MTKIDs rig. More lift or tire over contact sports?
LOL, I need to step up from 32's first. Baby Steps.

Ah gotcha. Have you sensor lifted?
I have not yet. I will when I get the bigger tires. I have convinced myself I get better gas mileage where it is.

If it's in stock and you need the full set, for sure a good choice.

I only needed to replace the front TC skid, which in BB terms is front and engine. I considered going the 1/8" for the engine skid (between the front tires), but ended up deciding to take on the extra weight.
I decided to fire in the full set from Slee. I'm sick of waiting and need something.

Dang, just check tracking and I should see them tomorrow.

The best upgrade EVER!
I have made quite a few upgrades to my LX. But one of the easiest and best is the BH3D Double Cup Holder made by @bhicks. I have no idea why it took me so long to get one. No mode spills for me. Din't be a slacker like me and oder yours today!!---^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^---- Oh and it fits really well and snug no need for the adhesive. I didn't use it so I can get under for cleaning and other such things. Also if it loosens over time I can always stick er done.

I have made quite a few upgrades to my LX. But one of the easiest and best is the BH3D Double Cup Holder made by @bhicks. I have no idea why it took me so long to get one. No mode spills for me. Din't be a slacker like me and oder yours today!!---^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^---- Oh and it fits really well and snug no need for the adhesive. I didn't use it so I can get under for cleaning and other such things. Also if it loosens over time I can always stick er done.
Thanks for the plug and glad you like the cup holder.

Baby needs some new Shoes

So it is now time to get new tires. My KO2s are starting to crack at the tread on the side lugs. Might be my fault I ran them a bit too low for a bit this summer. I want to go as big as I can w/o mods, if pos. Minor mod maybe. The KO2's but they are SO expensive. Looking for thoughts and suggestions.

OK, start the flood of info.

Baby needs some new Shoes

So it is now time to get new tires. My KO2s are starting to crack at the tread on the side lugs. Might be my fault I ran them a bit too low for a bit this summer. I want to go as big as I can w/o mods, if pos. Minor mod maybe. The KO2's but they are SO expensive. Looking for thoughts and suggestions.

OK, start the flood of info.

295/70/18 is maximum glory minimum hassle my guy

There I was rushing home on Christmas Eve to make a family event when I saw a huge puddle all the way across the road. There was a Land Rover Discovery on the far left creeping along so I thought I would go past them a little to the right as not to startle them. but......this was no normal puddle, it was a day after freezing rain during a KING tide on the waterfront puddle. And the road where this was is a oneway off camber road going down to the passenger side of the vehicle. I was in a rush and not thinking very clearly. So I blazed in, it was way deeper than I thought probably mid to high side of my passenger side wheels, I made it through and got to the other side as I was cruising up the hill headed home and .................the truck died. A buddy came and we towed it to a local shop and a few days later confirmed my worst fear, I had hydro locked my engine.

Luckily, I have flood insurance so this was covered. Unluckily, they totaled my truck. After some research and personal reflection, I decided to buy it back from ins. and have the masters @torfab replace the engine. They helped me find a used engine with close to the same miles as mine had. It was shipped to them and they installed it within a couple weeks.

Now 3 months later and the torcheres of driving a 2010 CRV in the interim, I have my truck back. After learning to drive it again, it was like getting a new vehicle and not knowing where all the buttons are, we are moving to the next chapter of our relationship...........

I need a snorkel! So now with some research, advice, and a bit of trepidation I have ordered the same snorkel @MTKID has on his truck, from Monster Service in RUSSIA. With hopes of seeing it some time in the next year, I paid $20 extra for the mid grade shipping so fingers crossed.

So stay tuned......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom