LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting that you were able to plug one of the connectors into the wrong place. I wonder if anyone else's problems are caused by that.
I wish it were that simple!

Hi everyone.

I finally received my CC3 (6 + 128) this week and got around to installing it yesterday with the help of my installer.

When we were wiring it up, everything was working perfectly! Steering controls, AC, Carplay etc. No hiss, excellent sound quality, power antenna etc.

However, once we connected the camera (into acc) and buttonned up the system, the AC controls stopped working completely. We didn't make any change in any of the connectors so I am guessing it's some software setting that's gotten messed up.

Removed the camera completely and now we have bare bones AC controls. It's very strange, it can only control the temperature and nothing else. But when you change the temp up or down, you can see the fan speed change as well.

Any idea how we can fix this? I am not sure how to reset the system or factory reset it. I tried the 168 code thing but it gives me three options.

If I select the first 2 (network reset / app preferences reset) nothing happens. The last option says factory reset but I haven't tried it as yet (unsure whether the teyes launcher / firmware etc would vanish)

If someone has successfully factory reset their system, would really appreciate the steps on how to do it.

Check that all the pins are seated fully in the connectors on the can-bus box. Mine was intermittent / partial on the AC controls due to a pin not fully inserted in the connector.

Check that all the pins are seated fully in the connectors on the can-bus box. Mine was intermittent / partial on the AC controls due to a pin not fully inserted in the connector.
Will try this out today and report back. Thanks a lot.

Will try this out today and report back. Thanks a lot.
No luck.

All connectors were fine. We redid everything from scratch as well, but it can still only control the temperature from the teyes, all other AC controls are not responsive. I'm guessing it's a software issue.

If anyone knows the correct method to factory reset, please do let me know as that's my next step in trying to fix this.

@ashkapur

Reboot or Factory Reset? I had to complete two factory resets before mine started working correctly. For a factory reset you have to go to Settings/User/Backup-Reset. Reboot didn't seem to help me at all when I was setting things up.

Thanks!

Just so that I'm not doing anything wrong, when I select the option in the attached images, it wont delete the teyes custom apps or anything right?

IMG_8262.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

I used that option a few times without causing any problems ...

Have you tried rebooting? Press the top of the screen and a drop down will come up giving you a reboot option.

Have you tried rebooting? Press the top of the screen and a drop down will come up giving you a reboot option.
Multiple times. After resetting canbus settings to nil and after re-selecting the settings for the LC100 High

I wonder if there is an alternative source you could connect to besides the ACC. I haven’t connected my camera yet so I’m not sure if mine will have the same issue.

Thanks!

Just so that I'm not doing anything wrong, when I select the option in the attached images, it wont delete the teyes custom apps or anything right?

Ok so I have updates.

I factory reset the teyes and for around 5 minutes the AC controls worked perfectly, but then it reverted back to only controlling the temperature. Did a reboot as well at this stage but it didn't help at all.

After the second factory reset, it was exactly the same as above.

I then went into the teyes app and updated the canbus following the instructions on the screen and BAM. everything is working now!! I took it for a short drive around the block and it all functioned normally including all AC controls.

The only issue I now have is that the SIM connection for some reason refuses to work. I've put a tested data sim in the external sim slot and it sees the SIM and all its details but refuses to connect to the mobile network even if i do a manual network search and try to connect from there.

07 LX470 here. Install today, along with phone cradle, Oricom UHF in the ashtray cut out, and rear USB ports.
  • Sound - YES (and much better than factory), Spotify installed
  • Phone - YES, USB 1 wired into phone cradle, Android Auto tickety-boo
  • Steering wheel controls? - YES (remember not to go over halfway, otherwise some weird distortion) - use main volume knob and work out best mix
  • Climate - NO (Canbus is LX(HZ) - Toyota - LC100 - High. and assistant has climate
  • Climate - YES for rear (the switch at the bottom of the console)
So will need to work on swapping a redundant plug maybe. The T'eyes photo on their page for option C is for an LC, not an LX.

When youtube starts working again, I'll share a short video of the sound. It's very good indeed.

PXL_20220915_085050251.jpg

PXL_20220915_085425412.jpg

Ok so I have updates.

I factory reset the teyes and for around 5 minutes the AC controls worked perfectly, but then it reverted back to only controlling the temperature. Did a reboot as well at this stage but it didn't help at all.

After the second factory reset, it was exactly the same as above.

I then went into the teyes app and updated the canbus following the instructions on the screen and BAM. everything is working now!! I took it for a short drive around the block and it all functioned normally including all AC controls.

The only issue I now have is that the SIM connection for some reason refuses to work. I've put a tested data sim in the external sim slot and it sees the SIM and all its details but refuses to connect to the mobile network even if i do a manual network search and try to connect from there.

07 LX470 here. Install today, along with phone cradle, Oricom UHF in the ashtray cut out, and rear USB ports.
  • Sound - YES (and much better than factory), Spotify installed
  • Phone - YES, USB 1 wired into phone cradle, Android Auto tickety-boo
  • Steering wheel controls? - YES (remember not to go over halfway, otherwise some weird distortion) - use main volume knob and work out best mix
  • Climate - NO YES (Canbus is LX(HZ) - Toyota - LC100 - High. and assistant has climate
  • Climate - YES for rear (the switch at the bottom of the console)
So will need to work on swapping a redundant plug maybe. The T'eyes photo on their page for option C is for an LC, not an LX.

When youtube starts working again, I'll share a short video of the sound. It's very good indeed.

SUCCESS. ashkapur you're a legend. Did the canbus updates, from left to right.

PXL_20220915_093209763.jpg

Edit - replace UHF photo with split screen of Spotify and Sygic (which has offline maps unlike Google Maps)
PXL_20220915_222932027.NIGHT.jpg

Edited to add:

Youtube sample CC3 playing Spotify through factory ML audio

Last edited:
Will the Teyes Sony AHD fit in the factory location of the OEM backup camera. 06 LX470
Not sure, getting the Sony rear cam in next week, audio installer seems to think it won't be hard, having done a few other Landcruisers.

How about your backup camera? is it still working?
Backup camera doesn't work with the CC3, apparently the CANBUS adapter doesn't get a reverse feed.

My installer looked at this wiring diagram, and is also going to tap into the reverse wire at the rear of the LX when he comes back.

Also - here's the rear cam wiring diagram from Teyes website:
Teyes CC3 wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure, getting the Sony rear cam in next week, audio installer seems to think it won't be hard, having done a few other Landcruisers.

Backup camera doesn't work with the CC3, apparently the CANBUS adapter doesn't get a reverse feed.

My installer looked at this wiring diagram, and is also going to tap into the reverse wire at the rear of the LX when he comes back.

Also - here's the rear cam wiring diagram from Teyes website:View attachment 3124424
Nice to know. Thank you very much!

Also - here's the rear cam wiring diagram from Teyes website:View attachment 3124424
I had the same problem with my install initially. The canbus adapter absolutely does not send a reverse signal which is also what I originally thought. You need to tap into the reverse lights where your camera is (not the OEM camera which is the wrong voltage) and use that as the signal. The wire that comes with the Sony cam has everything you need to supply power to the camera, get the reverse signal back to the head unit, and the video signal itself.

Installer came today, and after running a wire to the CC3 harness, said:

"Do you want to reuse the factory camera - I tested in on my screen and image is fine". He noted he found a reverse trigger wire in the camera harness, tapped it and "voila".

Call me surprised - what about the 6V camera (HU is 12V)?

He installed a 12V -> 6V converter somewhere near the CC3, and then tapped the black/red wire in the camera harness, which is easily accessed in the tyre tools storage area.

The only issue - the CC3 has these guidelines which I can't find out how to remove. There's a "Cam REC" app which shows the image without the lines...

(Edited - Dan from T'eyes helped out with solution:

Settings - factory settings - 168 - vehicle agreement - reverse lines - turn OFF)

Clear picture of the rear harness, yellow wire tapped into red/black wire (before being taped up).
PXL_20221004_033940329.jpg

And a poor picture - car was outside in the sun - showing guidelines.
PXL_20221004_040931302.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom