LX Puddle/Courtesy Lights LED strip upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried RGB strip for my first setup with a wireless controller. However, I wanted Warm White to match the interior lights and I couldn't get the RGB strip to get a color temp that I was happy with. It also wasn't quite as bright as single color 5050 strip. I also didn't have a need to change colors or have all the flashy modes (my kids enjoyed messing around with the modes, though).

The color wasn't an issue of the RGB strips, but of the controller.

Like I said, I have a light fixture I built - I tried Arduino but the sound reaction is tricky to program. I could get ANY color using color codes and manual adjustment of the brightness. The prebuilt controller i went with has some odd coloration, too warm for my taste, and just a bit less bright.

Same strips, just programmed to light up differently.

Last edited:
Just saw this. Whoa! Are these still available?

I want these so bad for my Wife's LX...but can't figure out an easy way to remotely operate them. I need them to be activated before she gets in the vehicle. Only way I can see that happening would be if I installed a remote starter (which can issues of their own). Many of those support other automatic functions.

During Tax Season (right now) she works very late at night and it would be great to have them as security lights as she approaches her vehicle.

@flintknapper, When I unlock the doors on my '01 LX with my key fob, the puddle/courtesy lights turn on. Are the running boards still on your '99?

Yes, I can put together a set for you. Shoot me a PM with the color that you want (Bright White, Warm White, Yellow).

I'm definitely interested as well! Great idea. Has the mounting method worked long term?

Here's my version... installed 2 17CM strips under each running board connected to the factory connection. Happy with the results so far.

20190125_200700.jpg

Hi,
I would like to purchase a complete set (DS and PS) of your under running board lights like the ones you have attached to your frame rails. Thanks for all your efforts to provide a superior product. Please let me know the cost and how I can pay you.
Thanks,
-David

Hi,
I would like to purchase a complete set (DS and PS) of your under running board lights like the ones you have attached to your frame rails. Thanks for all your efforts to provide a superior product. Please let me know the cost and how I can pay you.
Thanks,
-David

PM Sent!

Super easy install, just sticked them on and used cable ties to secure the cables. So far they work great!

4C0242B2-421E-4BA9-8115-E888DEE100A3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom