Ls swap on Land Cruiser 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone seen anyone with an LS (Ls2,ls3,ls1) swap Land Cruiser 100 or if it's even possible? I've searched everywhere and have only seen 80 series and before.

I have a 99 LC with 4 speed auto, it's a great SUV but it's a turd. I know it's not a performance truck, but was just Curious if it's been done before.

It's possible, you can put an LS in anything. It's always been a future idea of mine, but it will take a good amount of money and skills.

My dream swap is a tuned up LS3 with a GM 6l80 behind it. Not sure what I would do about the TC though. I know some 80 guys keep theirs but I'm not sure there's an adapter out there for the 100 case. Atlas case would be nice, but no AWD and $$$.

A swap on your '99 would probably be easier than my '00 as you don't have VSC and A-Trac. I'm not sure how that would play into the equation.

Not worth the trouble when you already have a reliable V8 in there that does just fine on the highway.

Plus factory supercharger was available.

Much more likely to see a 4Runner LS swap.

Thanks guys. I might consider the Slee turbo kit down the road instead, it may get pretty expensive and not really worth it I'd say.

I am sure it can be done, possibly has been. The issue is, just because you can does not always mean you should. Unless you are looking to do it yourself, or find a shop willing to give you a break because they think they can sell the swap, you're in for some hefty labor bills. First time swaps or one offs are a lot of trial and error figuring out what will work.

Given all that, some one will do it sooner or later. If it were me I'd get rid of the AWD.

Has anyone seen anyone with an LS (Ls2,ls3,ls1) swap Land Cruiser 100 or if it's even possible? I've searched everywhere and have only seen 80 series and before.

I have a 99 LC with 4 speed auto, it's a great SUV but it's a turd. I know it's not a performance truck, but was just Curious if it's been done before.

Engine/Transmission project

Reviving this thread simply because I found this on my Instagram page. A guy in Quatar swapped an LS3 engine into his LC

IMG_1330.jpg

Can anyone point me to where I can purchase the Slee turbo mentioned above? I’ve hit their website and either missed it or it’s no longer offered. If it’s no longer offered are there any turbo alternatives? Looking for something that’s more affordable than the supercharger.

Can anyone point me to where I can purchase the Slee turbo mentioned above? I’ve hit their website and either missed it or it’s no longer offered. If it’s no longer offered are there any turbo alternatives? Looking for something that’s more affordable than the supercharger.
www.sleeturboforyou.com

Has anybody else completed this.
I'm in the middle and need to see eaboit what people doing with fan shroud.

Does anyone know if you can swap in a 2008+ 5.7L?

Or maybe a 4.6L with a turbo?

Wondering if you could use the newer Toyota/lexus engines / trans and have some compatibility

I've always wondered how much faster my lx470 could be with just a transmission swap to an 8 speed

Cheaper/easier/better to swap the 100 for a GX360 or a 200!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom