Looking for FJ45LV rear seat brackets for templating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Alright I'm hoping to find some kind soul that would be willing to loan me their rear seat brackets to get some made. My "new to me" LV is missing those brackets, and I'm hoping to get some made. Ideally both pieces of the puzzle, the part that mounts to the wall as well as the bracket on the seat back.

Or... (long shot) if someone has a set they're willing to sell, let me know. I'm going to probably have several sets made of anything that I have fabricated for this rig. Will probably be making quite a few rear bumpers in the next month or two as well if anyone is interested. Just need some help to make sure they're done right. Thanks all!

Photos attached of what I'm talking about. Stolen from FJ Co's gallery.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Put me on all your lists for reproduction items!

Put me on all your lists for reproduction items!
Will keep this thread updated if I am able to find someone to loan me the parts to replicate. I’ve got someone locally that seems to be a wiz at these things, this is a strange part though so we will see. Just need to get my hands on a set first and take it over to him.

Send me a million dollars in security and I’ll loan you mine . Seriously though how long would you need the for?
I wouldn’t be ready until first part of January, but imagine I could get all I need from them for duplication within a week or two? I guess you tell me how long you can live without them and I would do my best to get them back to you in that timeframe. I would be happy to send you some kind of deposit on them too - that seems reasonable for loaning out a bit of unobtanium!

Are these the same or is there a left hand and a right hand?

Thought I would mention the early 63,64 lv’s had shorter arms, only the real early trucks, so doubt there would be interest in both.

Thought I would mention the early 63,64 lv’s had shorter arms, only the real early trucks, so doubt there would be interest in both.
I had no idea, but beggars can’t be choosers I guess? So I’ll take what I can get. Tancruiser is going to loan me. Set to template and I will do my best to pass cruiser karma on and make a few extra sets for those that need them. Let me know SOON if you need a set. I’ll keep this thread updated with pricing as I get it. I know someone that will make them for me but don’t know the cost quite yet.

Thanks for taking the initiative because those brackets are definitely in the 'unobtainium' category.
Starting the group buy list for a left/right pair of these brackets:

1. @scoobiedubes
2. @KT40
3. @xtremeVA

Received the seat brackets from tancruiser when I got back last weekend. The brackets themselves seem pretty straight forward. However looks like I’m also missing the mechanism on the seat side as well. There’s still a hole there (ignore the slide bolt mechanism), but when I try inserting the bracket there doesn’t seem to be any spring clip or anything in there. Anybody have a shot of theirs? I may end up having to disassemble the entire seat back, but if I’m going to tackle this obviously need to make sure I have both pieces of the joint.

C6E05A2F-769B-4AD9-A876-C1A419D11A5C.jpeg

3898B173-9C68-4771-9154-A75E06208F75.jpeg

I would take the slide bolt thinky and see if there’s anything underneath.
I tried to get it off but unfortunately appears that it's got some nuts on the other side, so I'll have to get the entire seat apart to remove it. Does seem like there's another hole underneath the slide bolt though, but I can't tell if it's functional or not without getting the slide bolt off. I probably won't get to disassembly until 2nd week of January at the earliest since I'll be traveling friday through the 6th, but if in the meantime someone can get me more info/photos on theirs let me know. I'll be dropping off tancruiser's brackets about that time at the machinist's too for templating.

Tahoe40/45 was kind enough to take some pictures of his and text them to me - looks like the hardware mounted to the seat is the functional "female" part of the assembly. There are 3 pieces to that part, a spring clip bracket, a bracket that mounts on top of that, and then a gasket. So I will need to template those pieces as part of the set to make it all work. Tancruiser, I don't suppose you'd be willing to send me that part as well would you? Or someone else? On the bright side those pieces of hardware look reasonably simple, but do want to make sure that everything fits together the way it should if we're going to make a few of these sets...

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

Dropped off tancruiser’s male brackets today for templating. Assuming next week is a bit of a lost week at the shop wirh the holiday but hopefully gives them something to think about over cocktails ;) hope to have them back to you in a few weeks. still looking for the female ends if someone is willing to loan them out for templating. If we get this all done in CAD I’m also going to see about making those files available if the shop is willing to give them to me. They should be...

I would like to get in on this. I actually have 2 original passenger side brackets, but no driver's side. Would it be possible for me to order 2 drivers? Thanks for doing this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom