Larger Oil Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I would share that I have been running the WIX 51773 on my 87 FJ60 for a few years now. It is of larger capacity than standard 2F filters. It holds just over a quart.
Not trying to start a discussion about which filter is best, which I consider a bit of a dead end since most manufacturers use the same filter media technologies. Just wanted to share a part number and mfg. for anyone looking for more capacity, and ultimately larger filter surface area.
Benefits are: added oil capacity, greater filtering surface area, and even a bit of cooling since the external surface area of the filter is greater.
Here is a pic of the WIX next to a standard sized K&N for a 2F.
WIX_51773.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. Got this info several years ago from Jim C. All the same filter:

A) 51773 Wix
B) 1773 Napa
C) 85773 Car Quest

Nice... Have always seen these but never actually purchased one. Could be worth it for those of us the run ZDDP additive and MMO (or the like) so that way we don't have to replace a full quart for those.

If you're already using the oil like me, why not the filter?

I say that but I just bought 6 of the ROW OEM filters from overseas...

A) 51773 Wix
B) 1773 Napa
C) 85773 Car Quest

Those three filters are what I use. Whichever one is available at the store I'm in. They are sometimes referred to as the dump truck filters.

Last edited:
Just thought I would share that I have been running the WIX 51773 on my 87 FJ60 for a few years now. It is of larger capacity than standard 2F filters. It holds just over a quart.
Not trying to start a discussion about which filter is best, which I consider a bit of a dead end since most manufacturers use the same filter media technologies. Just wanted to share a part number and mfg. for anyone looking for more capacity, and ultimately larger filter surface area.
Benefits are: added oil capacity, greater filtering surface area, and even a bit of cooling since the external surface area of the filter is greater.
Here is a pic of the WIX next to a standard sized K&N for a 2F.
View attachment 1388924
cool I'll get one myself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom