Builds Land Crusher Build Thread - V2 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed up the roof rack mounting hardware for the Prinsu rack. I think this will work a ton better.

Here's the config from Prinsu (Photo doesn't show well, but the nut on top is not flush, the bottom of the bolt head at the bottom also runs into the small seal on the top of the door when it opens):
1648616911511.png

Here's the hardware flipped, bolt coming in from the top and a split lock washer instead of the serrated nut. Note the bolt head not lining up:
1648617122166.png

Here's the way I'll be mounting them. I don't think all 8 mounts need it, but the front 4 do. Will report back once I get it all finalized. Need to grind these tapered washers round and paint them black:
1648617244449.png

Parts I ordered for this, all from McMaster Carr (P/N to search is the 9xxxxxxx):
1648617511665.png

Some of the mount locations will need longer than the 1.5" bolts, in those I will use the hardware that came with the rack.

Changed up the roof rack mounting hardware for the Prinsu rack. I think this will work a ton better.

Here's the config from Prinsu (Photo doesn't show well, but the nut on top is not flush, the bottom of the bolt head at the bottom also runs into the small seal on the top of the door when it opens):
View attachment 2966444

Here's the hardware flipped, bolt coming in from the top and a split lock washer instead of the serrated nut. Note the bolt head not lining up:
View attachment 2966445

Here's the way I'll be mounting them. I don't think all 8 mounts need it, but the front 4 do. Will report back once I get it all finalized. Need to grind these tapered washers round and paint them black:
View attachment 2966446

Parts I ordered for this, all from McMaster Carr (P/N to search is the 9xxxxxxx):
View attachment 2966447

Some of the mount locations will need longer than the 1.5" bolts, in those I will use the hardware that came with the rack.
Solid work bro!

Looking great bro, you moved out with the rack and adjustments quickly! How’d your cleaning contraption work out? Looks like it pulled the soil up well from the pics.

Looking great bro, you moved out with the rack and adjustments quickly! How’d your cleaning contraption work out? Looks like it pulled the soil up well from the pics.
Definitely worked well. The key was to hit it with the soap and then use the drill with the scrub attachment to get everything loose.

The clear extractor is definitely the way to go so you can see when you’ve pulled the soap out and it’s cool to see the dirt come up

These make me laugh:
1649291594518.png

The tire mount is getting a nice coat of VHT Roll cage epoxy. should do the trick:
1649292202813.png

Also, slapped some bmx grips on the handle:
1649292227290.png

Drilled some holes for the rear mount. it takes 3. Used a sharpened 40 cal cartridge to cut the carpet and dynamic underneath before drilling:
1649292433749.png

Interior spare tire mount from BellFab is installed. I gave it a rattlecan job with VHT epoxy roll cage paint and a layer or low gloss clear:
1649359697889.png

1649359728968.png

287/75r16 fits no problem. It'll clear up to a 37" (foreshadowing....)
1649359777513.png

1649359834265.png

Does anyone tried to upgrade steering wheel like this?
I have Land 200vx steering and does it fits in my Land 80?
images (14).jpg

Aggressively Single dudes have space for interior spares. Looking good!

I could probably do without the entire 2nd row. The dog doesn't care what's back there and she is the only one that goes anywhere with me :rofl:

Bunch of parts came today:
1649714184025.png

Need to decide if I want / need to rebuild the calipers when I crack the system open to do the extended stainless lines and the new master cylinder + booster

Need to decide if I want / need to rebuild the calipers when I crack the system open to do the extended stainless lines and the new master cylinder + booster
Have you considered buying new OEM calipers and rebuilding the ones off your 80 and setting them on the shelf?

I could probably do without the entire 2nd row. The dog doesn't care what's back there and she is the only one that goes anywhere with me :rofl:

View attachment 2978403

I took mine out when it when only one daughter or my wife would come out. It is fantastic not having the second row in.

It's almost silly not to while you have it busted open. You'll regret not doing it at the same time when you go back in. Not a huge deal but it sure minimizes the mess. You'll also appreciate having the MC out of the way pulling the booster. Makes it super simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom