Johnvee's 40 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just posting up a list of stuff to do. Maybe this will help me keep my brain on task.

Paint front bumper
Install Warn 8274
Remove 8274 to rebuild (just guessing that my dumb ass will need this step in this order)
Replace aging battery
Order tub to top seals
Tint all windows
Replace all window seals (have OEM stuff already)
Remove top/sides
Paint top white
Replace headliner
Install overhead console
New plugs and wires
Convert ARB FJC roof rack to 40
Remove mystery tire/can carrier and repair the 16 bolt holes
Paint and install OEM tire carrier
Repair speedo cable oil leak
Repair parking brake
Repair oil leak
Repair nonfunctioning tach
Purchase spare electric fuel pump
Install fuel pump relay
Repair rattling rear view mirror
Clean/lube seat belt tensioners
Front axle rebuild
Inside light
Install amaurer gauge cluster kit I've had in a box for 4 years. No, he doesn't make these anymore.
Figure out a HiLift mount. Thinking of adding tabs to the bumper stinger and just using bolts ala @erymer's 80.
Outside Aux lights & mounts, or maybe just do this:
11238.03_1.jpg

Last edited:
adding to your list:
Fasten all seat belts
Seal all entrances and exits
Close all shops in the mall!
Cancel the three ring circus!
Secure all animals in the zoo...

There's nothing better than a high and tight headliner (well...there are better things but not 'Cruiser-related things). However, most DIY-ers screw up the headliner installation. Either they cut them too short in spots or they wrinkle up the corners or they don't use the right glue and the liners end up looking worse than when they started. I chose to bypass that whole headliner issue in my old '70 40. Here's what I did: Pull off the old headliner. Sand off the old glue and bits of foam. Apply oil-based Rustoleum in the color Almond. I went around the edges with a brush and rolled the main part with a small roller. It took two coats. It turned out really nice. It brightened up the interior and gave it a fresh, clean look. The benefits to doing it this way are: 1. Price 2. Can be done without removing top (if you are careful). 3. If you ever decide to install a headliner later, it can go right over the painted surface.

visors.jpg

Just posting up a list of stuff to do. Maybe this will help me keep my brain on task.

Paint front bumper
Install Warn 8274
Remove 8274 to rebuild (just guessing that my dumb ass will need this step in this order)
Replace aging battery
Order tub to top seals
Tint all windows
Replace all window seals (have OEM stuff already)
Remove top/sides
Paint top white
Replace headliner
Install overhead console
New plugs and wires
Convert ARB FJC roof rack to 40
Remove mystery tire/can carrier and repair the 16 bolt holes
Paint and install OEM tire carrier
Repair speedo cable oil leak
Repair parking brake
Repair oil leak
Repair nonfunctioning tach
Purchase spare electric fuel pump
Install fuel pump relay
Repair rattling rear view mirror
Clean/lube seat belt tensioners
Front axle rebuild

Time for a Charlotte HAMOM!! It must be ready for this year's Relic Run!

adding to your list:
Fasten all seat belts
Seal all entrances and exits
Close all shops in the mall!
Cancel the three ring circus!
Secure all animals in the zoo...
Trying to place this...coming up empty.

So, not much has been happening with the 40 for a good long while. Figured it was time for some love so I finally got around to painting the front bumper. Actually, @roadstr6 did in exchange for some gear. Slapped it on last Friday and felt so good about it that we drove it to some snazzy Eye-talian joint for dinner. Took advantage of the valet parking...literally 3 spots from the front door. Parked it myself. Picked it up myself. Gave the guy a couple bucks to ensure he didn't move the filthy thing to the back of the lot by the dumpsters. Forgot to take a pic of it there for proof that I actually do take the wife to nice places.

IMG_3042.jpg

So, not much has been happening with the 40 for a good long while. Figured it was time for some love so I finally got around to painting the front bumper. Actually, @roadstr6 did in exchange for some gear. Slapped it on last Friday and felt so good about it that we drove it to some snazzy Eye-talian joint for dinner. Took advantage of the valet parking...literally 3 spots from the front door. Parked it myself. Picked it up myself. Gave the guy a couple bucks to ensure he didn't move the filthy thing to the back of the lot by the dumpsters. Forgot to take a pic of it there for proof that I actually do take the wife to nice places.

View attachment 1667808
Ha! I was wondering how many valets would actually be able to drive it nowadays.

I had no idea Pizza Hut had valet parking. We need to see that bumper with the 8274 mounted to it ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom