Builds Joez's Built Thread/Recap. Hybrid Cage, 4Ds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build thread man. Can't believe how similar our builds are. I'm just a few years behind you. Sliders molded into the rockers, Complete spindle spare tire kit sitting in a drawer in my shop, Shelf over my spare in the back, Armor has been Tan since I started the build, After returning form Cruise Moab this year I'm wanting some kind of roll Bar cage after a near roll have something similar to yours in mind. and I am dreaming of 4ds and a three linkView attachment 1983525View attachment 1983526
Get some pallet decking for more attachment points

Final wheeling trip of the season is in the books. Time to get busy. Pulling motors while being nice and actually undoing all of the connectors to save everything is a PITA. If anyone needs any 1fzfe related parts speak up, before it all ends up in the dumpster.

20201213_150503.jpg

You’d be wise to sell all you can and make a dime or two. Others will be interested in stuff that’s hard to come by. What the plan now?

You’d be wise to sell all you can and make a dime or two. Others will be interested in stuff that’s hard to come by. What the plan now?

Yeah, I wanted to sell the motor trans together initially, but I've had enough people reach out that I'm going to start pulling individual pieces off. It's just about to be nothing but in the way is the issue. I work out of a 2 car garage that has 2 cars in it.

Posted a few months ago when I picked up the new motor, GM LV3 V6 out of a 2015 Silverado, with the 6l80 trans.

Time to make the progress.

20210210_161604.jpg

20210210_161446.jpg

Was just thinking about this v6 swap today. Been meaning to bump this. Black Box in lieu of Mark's t-case adapter?
Yup. Price really wasn't all that far off between the two, and NWF's lead time was way better.

Plus, who doesn't want a 180:1 crawl ratio.

Yup. Price really wasn't all that far off between the two, and NWF's lead time was way better.

Plus, who doesn't want a 180:1 crawl ratio.
I wanted to go that route, but gave up hope of the NWF box actually happening. This is going to be a sweet swap.

Funny, I was thinking about this thread this morning too. Want some driving impressions with the v6 :cool:

I wanted to go that route, but gave up hope of the NWF box actually happening. This is going to be a sweet swap.
It definitely exists. They havent exactly sold many of them unfortunately, since to run it with a stock drivetrain it requires fuel tank mods. The number he shared with me was shocking, same with the number of people using it as an adapter. Like everything else, the internet screamed for it, they built it, and nobody bought it. Talking to Kris, they are actually working on one that attaches behind the tcase, like the old Mark's crawler, that requires no tank mods.

Progress has to start happening quick, as I am scheduled to drive this thing to Rubicon in May, and may is right around the corner.

It definitely exists. They havent exactly sold many of them unfortunately, since to run it with a stock drivetrain it requires fuel tank mods. The number he shared with me was shocking, same with the number of people using it as an adapter. Like everything else, the internet screamed for it, they built it, and nobody bought it. Talking to Kris, they are actually working on one that attaches behind the tcase, like the old Mark's crawler, that requires no tank mods.

This whole FJ80 doubler is mind boggling. Supposedly they've been working on this for the last 5-6 years. I emailed them for years asking for updates. Then one day they magically finish it, and not a peep. No advertising, zero info on their website. Not even on their Instagram account which they post to regularly. My guess is they never really figured out if it would work properly in an 80 so they never pushed it. This was also around the time I started reading about a lot of overheating issues so they probably had to rework a lot of the cases.

I've still yet to hear about a doubler under an 80 with stock transmission and tcase.

Progress has to start happening quick, as I am scheduled to drive this thing to Rubicon in May, and may is right around the corner.

don't go all the way out there just for Rubicon, because honestly you'll pretty much walk it in a day easily

This whole FJ80 doubler is mind boggling. Supposedly they've been working on this for the last 5-6 years. I emailed them for years asking for updates. Then one day they magically finish it, and not a peep. No advertising, zero info on their website. Not even on their Instagram account which they post to regularly. My guess is they never really figured out if it would work properly in an 80 so they never pushed it. This was also around the time I started reading about a lot of overheating issues so they probably had to rework a lot of the cases.

I've still yet to hear about a doubler under an 80 with stock transmission and tcase.
Yea theres like zero info of it working on a 1fz a343 a442 and hf2a/v. Im thinking they either never did the install themselves or also no one knows about it. You would have thought they would have took some assembled pics and let MUD and Pirate and all the other 80 groups know it was ready for purchase
Just weird

Yea theres like zero info of it working on a 1fz a343 a442 and hf2a/v. Im thinking they either never did the install themselves or also no one knows about it. You would have thought they would have took some assembled pics and let MUD and Pirate and all the other 80 groups know it was ready for purchase
Just weird
There are zero that they know of that are done and on the road. They havent sold many more than that either. It sounded like the first unit that went out was supposed to help get instructions and details figured out, and that hasn't happened. They can tell you how to bolt it all together, but don't have the nitty gritty specifics past that.

Maybe 2 days if he wants to relax. Add Fordyce to it too and round it out
That's the plan. 2 days on Rubicon just to enjoy it, then head to fordyce. Depending on the water crossing, spend 1-2 days there, and that leaves us time to head to sand hollow for a couple days before returning home.

So as to not jamb up the doubler thread as my second build thread, here's she is in all her glory out of the box. Have to tear the tcase down to replace the mainshaft, then bolt them all together.

Shameless plug for the York OBA stuff thays still hanging out in thr classifieds.

20210213_114622.jpg

20210213_114859.jpg

Assembled.

IMG_20210214_171005_698.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom