Builds Jacks 40 to fake 45 build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have always loved the white flares on a 40! I know that makes me the minority, but on my list for mine someday.

I have an extra set of flares from SOR that came with this 40. They are new in the box. I can sell them to you for a low price if you're interested.

Always bothers me when a PO cuts the posts on the hard top side. The top gets a long of it's strength the those posts when it goes thru top and bottom holes in the tub. With the factory soft top bows your can stand on the running board and rock the cruiser side to side and the bows do not flex. Never seen a jeep you could do that too. Never had interest in a soft top for my first FJ40 until I bought my first FST. Tie rods I believe will fit inside the tube and can be used to get the strength back in the hard top sides

20230325_150506.jpg

I think one of those posts just rusted off.

Going to try and fix the starter situation tonight.

You are a perpetual inspiration.

Got a few hours in today on the fake 45. All the exterior welding on the bed is mostly done. Still need to remove the floor and weld the inner structure and flip it and weld the bottom which will hold the floor in.

20230402_185242.jpg
20230402_185253.jpg

Too bad you're not closer by... I've got a couple spare starters. I'd always recommend the starters with the longer armature (further from the nose cone). If needed, early Corvettes (I believe) with a four speed came with a cast iron nose cone that'll fit in many places that the regular aluminum one's fit.

Chopped up the leftover tub that became part of the fake 45. Then chopped up the pipe cage that I removed from the distraction 75 40. All is headed to the scrap yard this week. Gotta keep the backyard nice and tidy.

20230404_182046.jpg

20230404_182213.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom