INTEREST IN THE MARLIN LOW RANGE GEAR SET (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to tear into my case to part time it. I thought good opportunity to re-gear the t-case.. So I'm gauging interest to see if maybe a mass buy is possible for the Marlins gears. I would prefer the Marlin gears since they are made in Japan.
Not knocking those of you who have the Trail Gear set but I prefer not to buy anything from China if possible. Please don't turn this into a Marlin vs. TG thread...

thanks..

PLEASE SIGN ONTO THIS THREAD IF INTERESTED IN THE MARLIN GEARS

as seen here Land Cruiser Crawler Gears | Marlin Crawler, Inc.

Interested depending on what kind of deal you get. I'm not much on the whole 'group buy' thing due to the fact that changing the price point sometimes hurts our great group of vendors....but I sure could use a set....lol

I thought this was tried earlier and the price difference wasn't that much?

Yup this was tried a while back and he wasn't able to offer much of a discount.

Edit; $719 USD was the best price offered with 40-50 buyers. The group fell through.

Last edited:
Everything is from China.

Here comes the flame!

Marlin makes some good stuff I had plenty of his gears and goodies in other trucks.

Yup this was tried a while back and he wasn't able to offer much of a discount.

Edit; $719 USD was the best price offered with 40-50 buyers. The group fell through.

Yup I was one of the first in that group and it went no where.

You might try a group buy with cruiseroutfit and his Japanese Sumo gears...pretty clear Marlin wasn't budging last time.

The whole group buy for marlin gears has been beaten to death. They won't do it. If your gun hoe on marlin gears then you will have to pay the price.

Georg Esterer at Valley Hybrids also sells Japanese t-case gears.

I feel guilty owning the set of Trail Gear gears I run in our 100. They cost half the price but it undercuts good vendors who contribute to the community.

Comparing the 2 gears for the t-case reduction and a ring and pinion:
The 2 t-case gears are less than half as much material/product/machining but cost three times as much as a ring and pinion.
Why is that?

Comparing the 2 gears for the t-case reduction and a ring and pinion:
The 2 t-case gears are less than half as much material/product/machining but cost three times as much as a ring and pinion.
Why is that?

Less volume. Diff gears in the 8" and 9.5" variety fit millions of different applications, and people often change them. T-case gears are very rarely changed in comparison. If you were a mfg, would you even waste time on them? I wouldn't, the return would not be worth the investment.

So who is still interested in a gear group buy?

It would be these :cool:

TCG900731.jpg

More info in the gears:
YWST: Low Range T-Case Gear Sets for the 1980-2007 Cruisers

Thinking a percentage off and free shipping? Any interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom