Impending Vortec Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bad ass

nicely done! now all the hard work begins ;)

Hooker 8501-5HKR Hooker Exhaust Manifolds - Holley Performance Products

• 2 bolt exit flange configuration matches 2010 Camaro (also the same as the E-rod exhaust manifolds) which can be used with OE gaskets and fasteners if desired, for an OE quality seal
**EDIT**
Found the gasket p/n
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-92202326
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12617944

Thanks, I tried popping the part number 92202326 into the gm dealerships website and it didnt come up. I entered 2010 camaro with a 6.2 and searched for exhaust gasket and i got them. $8.75/each and i didnt have to wait on shipping.

That first start always puts the wind back in your sails!

image.jpg
Congra'ts Lazy
You said linkage is next, not sure what you are thinking of for linkage, but I clipped this pic out of 35inchoverdrive's swap thread

Measured the stroke of the '94 shifter to be 4.5", so not sure if any of these cables will work.

McMaster-Carr

Last edited:
Since Mark's mounting for the tcase shifter is nothing short of trash, I'm "fabbing" up a plate to mount the tcase shifter on. Had my first run with the plasma cutter yesterday....it was interesting to say the least. I ran down to the hardware store to buy some bolts and forgot my wallet. With the first start up (with successful shut down) happening, I decided to call it a weekend. The threads are M8x1.25 in the top of the mark's adapter if anyone cares....

For the transmission linkage, I'm hooking up the linkage on the driver side and going with a rod. I bought this kit, at the recommendation of @AWESOMEvoltron who has his hooked up. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-ACA-1800

My punch list is building...but maybe first drive this weekend if I don't have to run out of town for work this week....

It's ALIVE!!!!!!! Nice job.

Awesome, waaaay above my level for the time being. My luck that drill would have fallen into the belts too :D

Still stuck on the transmission linkage...the rod with the 4l80e is too offset laterally to work with the little heim joints. what cable have people been using?

I've seen Trailblazer cable be used. 4l60 trans though. That's the route I plan I going.

I was in the P&P for something else, and saw a trailblazer cable hanging from a carcass. I'm focused on getting first start, linkage is on the back burner for now, and figured it was safe where it was. It'll still be there when I was ready !!!

But it did look short

Ford 2013 F-250 did have a floor shifter option. not sure about the linkage

I just picked up a cable from a 2005 trailblazer, and it snaps neatly into the transmission, and has a simple connection on the shifter side that should work fine with a brass bushing I picked up from lowes.

My 6l80 seems to be in park with the transmission shifter all the way forward. Looks like I need to fabricate an upper bracket that will allow the cable to attach to the shifter from the rear.

I cut off top of bracket that comes stock on the GM tranny. Flipped it upside down so I am shifting tranny from the top (with the wider 4l80e, you'll need the space for the exhaust if you're not routing by the bell housing). I then cut some plate and it holds the cable for the tranny. I also built on the same plate the bracket for the shifter. I've got P-N-R-D-3 to all to line up, but since I swapped my shifter arm to the Driver's side, it angles it too far forward and I'm not getting the "push" forward that I need, rather it is going more up. Last night, I cut the arm and welded it so everything is in line with the pivot point on the shifter. I have to make some adjustments to the bracket, and hopefully this works. I also need to mount the Dakota Digital Shift indicator somewhere. I plan to cut open an old bicycle tire and epoxy onto the arm and the body to act as a boot for dust and water....

This has all taken much more time than I anticipated. Most of which should have been done when the motor and tranny were out of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom