How is everyone doing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife loves her ducks. Started out with 7 now at three survivors. They waddle from front pond to the house when she calls them, they quack loudly when they see the car coming down the road.

Actually quite fun to watch!

308A192F-0BEF-4077-AB37-BD44A77F309A.jpeg

He looks just like one of our livestock guardian dogs, Anatolian Sheppard. We bought two puppies in Oct. and they are over sixty pounds now with a long way to go, so get ready. :)
Great Pyrenees. He's only 9 weeks old and will get to about 125 +/-. We wanted a large outside dog and the fact that they can be used to guard poultry is a definite plus. He's also a lot more chill than our English Cocker Spaniels. The Anatolian Shepherds were our second choice. They are very nice dogs as well.

Wife loves her ducks. Started out with 7 now at three survivors. They waddle from front pond to the house when she calls them, they quack loudly when they see the car coming down the road.

View attachment 3292872
Yes these geese are convinced I'm their mother. Less than 4 weeks old and they follow me around like puppies.

I believe they mixed up the gene pool between the two, years ago coming into this country. It's funny if you look up pictures of both they look almost the same in some examples. Our latest puppies came from the same litter and both parents looked more Anatolian, but look what happened.... Either way, they are great dogs and you will be amazed how they work, after they mature.

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

Last edited:
I grew up on a farm, mostly peaches and sweet potatoes but we had other row crops as rotational crops. Mom usually had chickens but that was about it. Various uncles that ran the farm together had cows, hogs, and goats so I grew up around lots of livestock. I never let my wife have anything after we got married but a tomato plant (other than dogs) so now is her time to have whatever she wants.

I believe they mixed up the gene pool between the two, years ago coming into this country. It's funny if you look up pictures of both they look almost the same in some examples. Our latest puppies came from the same litter and both parents looked more Anatolian, but look what happened.... Either way, they are great dogs and you will be amazed how they work, after they mature.

View attachment 3293047

View attachment 3293048
The one on the right in the second photo looks absolutely like a Pyr.

The one on the right in the second photo looks absolutely like a Pyr.
Yeah, their color and coats are all over the place. I personally like the short hair ones, they seem to handle the Summer heat better. They have a "no stop" attitude when faced with an intruder, a truly scary thing to watch.

oh ........ok i suppose 🔮 .....

:popcorn:

DSCN9780.JPG

(1.2) - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 3292872
Ducks are awesome!

Happy Easter!!

Left the cold and snow from Colorado with all our belongs. Wife and I took final shot leaving and in odd twist of fate “Rocky Mountain High by John Denver played on the radio . The wife started crying pretty quickly

After 10 years and raising kids in pretty cool place a new chapter has been started.

Parting shot!

ABBF37E0-76E5-4E9A-900B-2233DE54B423.jpeg

Wife was wanting to go to Arizona to see a daughter and then check out Arcosanti in central Az. Picked up a sprinter van to build into camper, and decided to do a test run before the build. Put a bedside commode in the back to eliminate taking her into public restrooms. Get weird looks if I take her into the men’s, or women’s. It’s working out great and she’s enjoying the trip. Just outside of Oklahoma City on the west side. Nice to be on a road trip again.

36A48EFE-AE55-4195-A8ED-CA9888414CC2.jpeg

Wife was wanting to go to Arizona to see a daughter and then check out Arcosanti in central Az. Picked up a sprinter van to build into camper, and decided to do a test run before the build. Put a bedside commode in the back to eliminate taking her into public restrooms. Get weird looks if I take her into the men’s, or women’s. It’s working out great and she’s enjoying the trip. Just outside of Oklahoma City on the west side. Nice to be on a road trip again.

View attachment 3295719
Great to see you guys on the road!

My mom has a had a rough time with bowels lately, they miss traveling with “facilities” on hand, dad is talking about a small motor home, make alot of sense. Plus the option for home cooked meals if the eating options suck. 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom