Builds Honey Badger Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

all at around 200-205K

PS pump was leaking as per
oil leak from back of oil pump?
ordered up a reman unit and installed along with new hoses as per
PS hoses question
nicked a gear and developed a knocking as per
Cost to replace ps pump?
ordered new gear vane from beno and paid someone to do this properly.
remanned unit failed on the road as per
Ps pump blown
ordered new unit from beno and paid someone to replace the damn thing.

now have PS fluid accumulating on top of reservoir - plan to clean out inner reservoir filter as per a few threads such as Please confirm... Real time and 3rd try PS pump rebuild be continued.....

Parking lot brake job in mammoth around 205K miles - only got around 25K miles out of the front EBC 7000 i had on - the rears needed doing a month later......
IMG_7705.JPG

field testing new charge controller and 200W solar panel system - 5 days in the desert powering a fridge and a freezer!
Not bad!

IMG_8026.JPG

IMG_8052.JPG

Been a while but....Winch!

Finally installed!

Never needed one, probably never will, was probably a silly buy but if I was following logic here I would probably never have bought the 80 in the first place!

Warn - why do you not supply black bolts!

27B6D3D6-E98B-4621-AEC3-193295127BB6.jpeg

Next project - mounting a water pump to feed this little sucker so can pump water from a stream if need be!

Makes dry camping just that little bit nicer.......

D02E027A-3BF8-490F-962F-F3BBC167A653.png

Been a while but wallet been busy....

Compete engine rebuild - from bottom up.

New steering box, cap and rotors, water pump - the list goes on...

Front axle overhaul- replaced spindles, knuckle studs, Cone studs etc...new brakes and rotors at 217k

Finally got the new leathers installed from landcruiser heaven - they look and feel great - also replaced driver seat foam.

Scangauge installed!m

Thanks as always to @beno for parts - more to be placed sir!

Pics

Paint job next....

8E227E80-433B-4FA8-8CE4-983D8F52DDFA.jpeg
E5EA0CD9-AE3F-4074-8417-C5EBEE728672.jpeg
E5E01B05-F6FA-4AF3-8326-2A1177155D09.jpeg
CAF97440-E201-4AE9-BFDB-2F696F1BCBC1.jpeg

8352BFED-BA3C-46D8-ADF3-D6C3C2143130.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW, your rig is ready for another 200K.
Time to do some long distance travels...:steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer:

Some more minor stuff - new rear brake pads, new hella horns, replaced the headlights, front grill and valance and trued them all up to get them all flush - correcting some minor damages from a minor fender bender 4 years ago!
Turns out the front grill was fine - I have a spare - Check the classifieds!

Paint job soon......

4D066ECF-EB40-4B48-9AE4-0FE8E68981CB.jpeg
AD72D75D-B6DB-41BD-9CF1-EA8AC7CF0C6A.jpeg

Just read the whole thread... I need a ciggie mate!
That's a heck of relationship you have there with that LC. :)

Just read the whole thread... I need a ciggie mate!
That's a heck of relationship you have there with that LC. :)

It’s been pointed out before.....
:rofl:

Great thread.

Question for you. Did you also install the relay with the new horn? If so, was it super complicated?

Thanks in advance!

Some more minor stuff - new rear brake pads, new hella horns, replaced the headlights, front grill and valance and trued them all up to get them all flush - correcting some minor damages from a minor fender bender 4 years ago!
Turns out the front grill was fine - I have a spare - Check the classifieds!

Paint job soon......

View attachment 1856075 View attachment 1856074

Great thread.

Question for you. Did you also install the relay with the new horn? If so, was it super complicated?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks and no on the relay - just spliced in the horns right at the factory wiring near to the speakers - used the stock relay. Really simple install!

Thanks!

The fridge in the rear is the isotherm cruise 36 - been beat up a fair bit off-road and on some washboards but still keeping it cool!

There is a simple pull out insert that you can make out in the pictures on the link below - can post more tomorrow if you like - heading out on trip and it’s loaded up as we speak in my garage - no fancy drawyer shelf system in the fridge itself - was disappointed at first when I got it as thought It had one when ordered but I suppose one less thing to break!

Cheers!

Isotherm Cruise 36 Classic Marine Refrigerator

Thanks!

The fridge in the rear is the isotherm cruise 36 - been beat up a fair bit off-road and on some washboards but still keeping it cool!

There is a simple pull out insert that you can make out in the pictures on the link below - can post more tomorrow if you like - heading out on trip and it’s loaded up as we speak in my garage - no fancy drawyer shelf system in the fridge itself - was disappointed at first when I got it as thought It had one when ordered but I suppose one less thing to break!

Cheers!

Isotherm Cruise 36 Classic Marine Refrigerator

Meant to post this up a while ago - here’s a frame of reference for the amount of meat/fish you can get in the center console fridge fridge.... this was a multi day ‘out-there’ trip....

That’s 4 burgers, 12 lamb ‘popsticks’, 13 chicken legs, 2lb mince, 2 rib eye steaks....and I think 3lb salmon....helps to have a buddy who works at a butchers....

Last edited:
New wiper motor
New front brake pads
New hoses to and from charcoal canister (took me a while to track these down - I miss being able to have a photograph of my finger pointing at stuff and asking @Onur to send me one of these please :)

All around 223k miles

6C3D2FD2-233A-4E44-A02A-1A85045CF7F2.jpeg
108256EE-EA1E-4E68-8C61-F48AEE69BD44.jpeg
579284EA-AFA4-422A-89CD-ED8BA81B93B2.jpeg

I'd like to see some more pictures of how that fridge looks between the seats.

here you go - light not brilliant - can get more later if needed

you have to angle it slightly toward the passenger seat so to get access to the handbrake and shift down into low

still need to anchor securely in place...on the to do list

A7D0EE53-B491-4EE3-8CFE-46F75CEFF396.jpeg
0AE38D88-FBF6-407D-B995-0A70566A935F.jpeg
430F88B7-59B7-4DCF-946E-F62C47FDE2E1.jpeg
EB824CF6-B26D-43D6-9153-979FA2C637A5.jpeg

Can you do a review of the EBC green disc brake pads? Do you use them front and rear? Do you use 80 vs the larger 100 series front pads? How do they compare to OEM pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom