Holley Sniper 2GC to 2F Install using Mosley Motors adapter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m going to start a thread to document the install of a Holley Sniper 2GC to 2F using an adapter I purchased from a vendor here on Mud.

I’m also hoping for some help / advice along the way.

IMG_2866.jpeg

Mine sits on the right frame rail, basically inline with the fuel tank.

IMG_6367.jpg
IMG_6369.jpg

Note, I've since ditched the return hard line for a single run rubber line from the engine compartment to near the rear bulkhead location.

Also, when I get the notion, I'm going to find a better way of attaching it to the frame....but 4 years in, it still works just fine for my needs.

After watching ‘Project Wrong Way’ was left wondering where is the best place to mount fuel pump?

Anybody have suggestions or pictures?
In the tank is best, if you can do the necessary mods. Otherwise, it's best* to mount it below the level of the fuel tank so the pump is never starved of fuel, which is also what cools the pump.

Mine is mounted in what I thought would be the worst possible place: on the outside of the frame in the passenger wheel well. It was temporary at first because I thought it would be exposed to stuff hitting it. But it became more or less permanent as there have been no probs with things hitting it, and it remains easily accessible for replacement when those crappy Bosch pumps fail, which they will if that's what you're using.

* Best ... in terms of cooling and avoiding fuel starvation. But know your tank will drain and create a serious fire hazard if your fuel lines are breached.

Have you tried contacting Mosley to see what location they generally use?

Honestly no, but I’m pretty sure they are watching this thread. 😎

BTW, my truck is an ‘81 with tank under the tub.

Here’s where I put mine on a 79. My exhaust is on the other side of the frame rail. I plan to extend my skid plate to provide some protection for it.

View attachment 3571552
Thanks for your photo, this looks extremely clean.

Is this on the outside of DS or PS frame rail ?

Thanks for your photo, this looks extremely clean.

Is this on the outside of DS or PS frame rail ?
It’s driver’s side. It’s a lot more direct on 79+ 40s to route along the driver’s side.

IMG_1344.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom