Holiday Tree Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We all made it off the mountain, was a great time. A good amount of snow, some nice trees and one good area to get stuck!
Pics to follow.
Daisy

The burgers at Los Ojos were simply awesome. A good way to finish off the day indeed.

The burgers at Los Ojos were simply awesome. A good way to finish off the day indeed.

Always food with you, isn't it!

;)

Nice to see friends and familiar faces and make new ones.

Great day folks.

:cheers:

PS: Even some Winching 102 (per Daisy and his pro amigo.....)

:)

Last edited:
Great day folks!
lineup.jpg
toughspot.jpg

Today's route.
TreeRun2008.jpg

Who's truck needed a tug from Evan? Those who could not make it need more pics!

Great photos John! I am sorry that Sheri and I had to duck out just when the fun was getting started, but we had a great time today. Good friends, perfect weather, fresh snow... can't ask for much more than that!
m_IMG_0224.JPG
m_IMG_0225.JPG
m_IMG_0229.JPG

Fun, fun, fun.

Here's some pictures....

The one real obstacle we encountered (yep the same one as most of these pics)
obstacle.jpg

Juane's truck in my mirror
juane in mirror.jpg

And here's a lucky one I got on the way out. I just picked up the camera and clicked away. I think this one turned out wicked cool.
cool blurry picture.jpg

Rudy: that was Steve in the T100. It was his first meeting with HDC, and he hasn't (yet) a MUD account.... Really nicely kept stock T100.

Dan
cool blurry picture.jpg
obstacle.jpg
juane in mirror.jpg

I recognize most of the trucks. Who showed up?

I recognize most of the trucks. Who showed up?

I'll do my best, but Mike is better at remembering this stuff.

Juane with coworker Larry (FZJ80)
Evan with brother-in-law Chris (FZJ80)
Harry and Sheri (killer RET RN61)
Dan (Faux Lux)
Greg with boys (VJ60)
Mike and Connie (FZJ80)
Steve (new fella in T100)
Steve and Wendy (FJ40)
Williams Family (VJ40)
Daisy with ???(FZJ80)
Ali Family (FZJ80)
Onur (FZJ80)
Sarah & boys (FZJ80 - hers)
Me (RN60)

I feel like I'm missing somebody.

Last edited:
Steve and Wendy really had the tree haul this trip.
treehauler.jpg

We came across two stuck trucks. It appears these vehicles were ethanol powered, which might have contributed to them driving off the edge. Sarah had the privilege of pulling out this good ol boy.

Evan was looking for a wet jeans shot while back. Here ya go.
stuckGMC.jpg
Groupshot.jpg

Looks like all went well this year. :cheers: Great photos guys.

The guys were locals from Cuba - I actually knew some from working on the 550: the owner of the feed store, and the guy on the left in the picture above with the red hat owns the Subway... They were getting the trees for the Catholic Church, school, etc. there in town. They'd been praying someone would come by for a couple of hours...

On the bright side, they told me where they always get their trees, which is where the White House tree a couple of years ago was from. There are, of course, good trees everywhere out there but they go to the south slope of the San Pedro wilderness.

A great day to be out wheeling in the snow. The worst weather we had all day was waiting around to get started at the gas station at 550 & 528. Cold and windy. But in the mountains it was sunny and calm. It did start to cool down in the shadows as we were rescuing the Catholic Christmas trees.

Had a great time! I am now a firm believer in tire chains. Thanks Ali, for showing us "the way!"

Can't wait to go again soon. If we can belive the weather reports, there should be a ton of snow in the mountains after this week.

Evan

Great photos! Looks like you all had a great time and some fun wheeling. Sorry I couldn't make it. It worked out that I was home, we had to prepare for Lauri's holiday work party and we barely had time to do that. I learned that I should probably invest in some tire chains before I head out for a similar trip (Next year?). Glad everyone made it home safe...

Hopefully we will have another snow run in January (unless some others want to go out next weekend or so - should be plenty of snow then...)

I might be up for another run next weekend. We have a traditional run on New Years. Plus, there is the Super Bowl Sunday run in February. One more line up pic.
lineup2_sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom