Hi to everyone, new to this form. Need help with getting truck to pass smog (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is how mine is ran

03942E84-7AC9-466A-A409-8350DA9A3734.png

Last edited:
OK, I got the truck back from the shop. They set the TPS and Timing. It took the tech about 2 min. to fix the vacuum lines, I dont think I would have figured it out. The Gas F had three ports on it and it is only should only have 2 . Have app. for emissions ck on the 23 of July will let every one know the out come. Thanks for all the help.

The Gas F had three ports on it and it is only should only have 2 .
It should have had three ports. Only one or two are used.

The Gas F ...
BTW, that gizmo is a filter. Officially, Toyota calls it "Filter, Gas, No.1." They have a habit of getting carboned up on the inside. It's good to pull it out on occasion and clean it with the spray cleaner of your choice.

Just take it easy @GaryJohn, your issue can be solved just be patient. What have you done so far to this vehicle? Did you change your oil? Adjust valves? Tune up? You have to start at something to get the readings to come down.

Did you change your oil? Adjust valves? Tune up? You have to start at something to get the readings to come down.

High HC is a dirty, poor running, engine, or a bad CAT, or both. I would not replace the CAT until you address ALL tune-up issues.

This has been going on since Nov 2019. Can you give us a summary of what you have done. I see you got an Ox sensor, and TPS, from RockAuto and those have been installed. Since taking this to a shop have you tried to pull new codes. Make sure the old codes are cleared first by pulling the EFI fuse for a few minutes. Then take it for a putt, and check for codes again.

I know you are frustrated, and getting frustrated at us. Keep in mind that virtual dx is hard and we are not standing in front of the truck. A lot of ideas and suggestions have been tossed out here. I think a summary of your efforts is in order to get us all back on the same page.

I would agree with pappy here. To me it appears to be a bit rich. A real miss makes way higher hc numbers.
What are NOX readings?

New fuel pump and filter, changed oil and filter, new air filter, changed plugs , replaced missing emissions components and re routed vacuum hoses to proper placement. Had dealer set timing and TPS. put Mobil 91 gas in tank for test. Ox sensor. Truck runs good imo.

Last edited:
Sorry, it posted before I was done. The first time I took it to test they did not test it. they put the snifer in the tail pipe and it was dumping a lot of fuel out the tail pipe so I have no numbers from that test. The second time the did test it and that is what I have now so it is a place to start from.

I don't think they measure Nox the county he is in. I don't think it was a dyno test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom