Hep!!! FJ62 Gas Tank - the struggle is real (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gordista

Me and the Clan in 'Yota Landcruisers out there
SILVER Star
Threads
the needle in the haystack-fj62 fuel tank
Round 1 - Had one snagged out from under me-
Round 2 - Found another in NH only to be told it wasn’t available anymore.
Round 3 - NH company provided with two options in lieu of their “mix-up” 1) there may be another on the property but it would take two weeks to find and then test it. 2) they can order one from Japan but it’ll take 4-6 weeks

I’m fine waiting 4-6 weeks as the old tank will be out and her underside will be getting worked on.

Which leads me to another option -have mechanical /welding wizards from OHTM assess existing tank to determine if it is salvageable.

In interim - just in case these scenarios don’t pan out - any suggestions for repairing or replacing the 88 FJ62 Fuel Tank?

I’d rather not do a swap from 60 (if I can avoid it) and long range tanks are a no.

Thank you in advance

G

I wouldn’t consider any repair attempt if the tank is really rusty

Here is one product that I have zero experience with and haven’t heard of anyone using personally. Maybe it’s great stuff or maybe junk. I don’t know.
I did purchase their Motor Coater brush on engine paint and that stuff is great.

If you can’t find a replacement tank, see post #5 in this thread…I was reading it yesterday and wish I would have done so when I was having rust issues with my tank

If you can’t find a replacement tank, see post #5 in this thread…I was reading it yesterday and wish I would have done so when I was having rust issues with my tank

Nice! I’ll check it out
Thank you!

I modify new 60 tanks to work as a 62 tank regularly. I have new tanks in stock. PM me for details/pricing.
It’s the closest thing you will find to a new replacement tank.

I modify new 60 tanks to work as a 62 tank regularly. I have new tanks in stock. PM me for details/pricing.
It’s the closest thing you will find to a new replacement tank.
Hot dog will do!

Stay away from Cruiser Parts in NH
Ya know I read the Google reviews for two places in NH and both were not great- particularly when it came to supplying parts and honesty.

So when the steel guy said he found one in New Hampshire I suspected it was too good to be true. And then when I was told not an option I wasn’t surprised.

Ya know I read the Google reviews for two places in NH and both were not great- particularly when it came to supplying parts and honesty.

So when the steel guy said he found one in New Hampshire I suspected it was too good to be true. And then when I was told not an option I wasn’t surprised.

A little more reading

A little more reading

I love light reading!! :)

Anything to back my argument as to why I sense an issue!!!! 😆

Depending on your budget, you could consider a larger capacity long range tank. Something like this: 60 Series Extended Range Tank — MOSLEY MOTORS - https://www.mosleymotors.com/lra/60series
I saw it as an option- but my concern was with the minimal mileage I’d do - and the capacity (23/24-40+ gallons), in my climate - salt and cold - is that a recipe for problems?
Maybe when I am a real adult grown up I’ll do something super cool with her get one of these behemoths and travel the desert
Or maybe I should get one now! When the world really goes bananas, gas is outlawed and we are forced to have electric cars; which can only be charged when we are told- I’ll be a free bird! :)

Nice! I’ll check it out
Thank you!
This guys documentation was unbelievable ! Thank you!
Read the entire thing drooling with envy Of the time he had to put into it
It was so
Easy to read
very inspiring
Almost idiot proof
Short to point and great photos

cruiserparts is ok if you order the new items
anything used is rusty broken and may not even get to you...and a pain to return

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom