Hello world (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I have all the tools as well so give me a call. I don't know my schedule today just yet.

If you are looking for a pickle fork we have a pneumatic one at the house. Just stop by the house and we can knock off the old steering in less than a minute. We used it on AJ's 80, and it was awesome.

so i went into town this morning with the fam for breakfast and some errands in the subi. stopped by autozone and picked up a tie-rod end puller. i looked at the pickle forks and shrugged, thinking, "the puller will work"... WRONG. the boss on the tie rod for the stabilizer is smaller than a tie rod end... just barely enough to make you keep trying it. :hillbilly:'s everywhere would be proud if i told you how i finally got the end off, and it involves something attached to the end of a 3/8" chain... ok i'll spill, yes the hook looks tempting and i checked the through bolt diameter on the other end, fits like a glove... pick up BFH, and viola. (mental note for trail repairs) functional when you just scour your garage looking for ANYTHING that even resembles a picklefork.

What, no pics??

ok i took some after the test drive. gotta say i had gotten used the the 285s filling the fenders, but i'm getting used to the new look :D

782365303_ar4bp-L.jpg

782370985_q8WvW-L.jpg

782367533_sgMS7-L.jpg

i can honestly say i'm tired of working on it for a bit... like tomorrow or something :D right now it's time for step 6... a few times...

Last edited:
oooooh, that's sexy right there, I don't care who you are....

Good gawd Ash, it's just another lifted 80.

:popcorn:

well the UPS man brought the hole filler for my 80!

warn M8000, bolts up to ARB bullbar with just a couple washers to set it back for motor housing clearance...

853647714_Rdh68-XL.jpg

well the UPS man brought the hole filler for my 80!

warn M8000, bolts up to ARB bullbar with just a couple washers to set it back for motor housing clearance...

Nice! But that cable is too clean and new. You need to get it out on the trail and try it out. You will enjoy having that insurance on your bumper.

well my sliders are done, i had George's sliders without tube steps for a while now. finally found a place local that had a bender and quite a bit of tube chassis fab (the owner does his own full cage racecars). so i bought some tube from Choice steel and took it over today along with my drawing. hung out and the shop is pretty cool, McKinney motors on eubank and indianschoolish... they were very flexible, would do as little or much as i want... i had them weld them up. here are pics in my garage after a coat of rattlecan and primer (we'll see how much overspray i missed after i clean it someday :hillbilly:). and yes, the truck is FILTHY.

1177714797_RYUDK-M.jpg

1177703853_focQ7-L.jpg

-j

How much? I need to do exactly the same thing.
-Mike-

How much? I need to do exactly the same thing.
-Mike-

400$ labor (5 hrs) and my 50$ of tube from choice, i used 1.5" dia CREW .120 wall... bends alone would have been cheap (sub hour), it was getting my measurements all snuffed up that took the time. cutting ends and then notching the legs etc. i bet welding was about an hour total tops.

well did some stuff lately... new reman toyo starter to replace the tired ol' napa courtesy of PO... i've been having starter problems off and on (like no click, no crank, tap on starter, cranks, etc, starting to get over half second delay when i turn the key before anything happens), decided to pull the trigger. the new 2kw one is twice the size of the old one. and WAY more peppy turning the key.

repainted the roof "shell white" ala rustoleum... love the color, don't love rattle can. like the color enough to consider rattle can clearcoat to cement the half ass job. have a hood with equal to worse no clearcoat, might rattle it same off white too, haven't decided. def have to figure out better finish to be able to look at it all the time :lol: :hillbilly: i'll take some real pics soon. ;) will bedline the whole thing, maybe not roof, al's liner "sand/tan" this spring once it warms up enough to do it in the garage.

in the process of fabbing a custom jotto desk mount for the netbook i have topo 9 on... should be pretty cool for trail topo etc. i'll do some in process pics when i get the post mount back from my buddy machinist.

oh yeah and installed a PS cooler. the fluid was brown and burnt already after being completely flushed in march :doh:

christmas early

well i talked to luke and placed the order for a 4x4labs dual swingout rear bumper kit today for the 80. likely going to go buy the welder tomorrow, thinking millermatic 211... time to get serious!

i can't wait to get started, i've wanted this bumper since i first saw them. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

well i talked to luke and placed the order for a 4x4labs dual swingout rear bumper kit today for the 80. likely going to go buy the welder tomorrow, thinking millermatic 211... time to get serious!

i can't wait to get started, i've wanted this bumper since i first saw them. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Nice! And to think that I spent some of my savings on a f'n foosball table? Can I go by before you install it and just hold it up to my truck, take a pic so I can have a reminder what I really want?

Rudical said:
Nice! And to think that I spent some of my savings on a f'n foosball table? Can I go by before you install it and just hold it up to my truck, take a pic so I can have a reminder what I really want?

Sure man, no problem. I'll even let you hold it while I spray paint it...

Swypo'd from my droid using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom