HAMOM - Saturday August 20th (Asheboro) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ'ers,

Wanting to put an Old Man EMU lift on my new 60 and thought having a few extra hands might be nice. If any ONSC'ers can make it down/up to Asheboro, I promise not to work you too hard. We have a nice 3 car garage with AC to turn wrenches and listen to music. I have most everything we'll need but if someone has an 3/8" impact wrench they could bring, that would be great.

I'll open up the garage at 8am for any early birds but the heavy lifting won't start until about 10am. Feel free to come by anytime that works for you. We'll plan to grill some hotdogs or something after we get done.

Wives and kids and dogs that don't eat Whippets are all welcome.

If you plan to stop by, PM me and I send you my address.

Anticipated thanks.

Mike

Looking forward to it. I hope it'll be my 3rd weekend in a row to be wrenching.

To all - Mike and Marie have an awesome place with lots of room. His AC has no trouble keeping up with the massive garage.

I plan to be there. Any tools I should bring? I don't have a 3/8 impact. All my impact stuff is 1/2" pneumatic. I can bring if you have a compressor. I can bring 1/2" sockets and ratchets and a breaker bar as well (those U bolts can be a bear). Let me know. Do we need a couple of extra floor jacks and/or jack stands?

I may just drive my pickup truck. If so, I will likely have some extra room for passengers and tools. If anyone wants a ride from Charlotte shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Dave, I have a compressor to run your impact wrench but I have very few 1/2" sockets compared to my 3/8" collection. I have a few 12" or breaker bars and 2 that nest inside each other for almost 24" of leverage. A total of 3 floor jacks (1 big and 2 small ones) and an electric grinder. If you have a small die grinder that fits in smaller crannies, please bring it too.

Depends on how many signup but may consider doing the dizzy recurve too. I haven't bought the springs and other parts yet but would love your expertise since you've done it before.

Most of the suspension bolts are big, tight and rusty enough to push the limits of 3/8" tools. 1/2" drive is your friend for a project like this. I'll bring some deep well 1/2" sockets and ratchets/breakers and an air die grinder (got cfm?). We can do the re-curve. You will need springs and the little aluminum bushing. Check back on my recurve post in the Turdle thread for exact details. Do you have a timing light or should I bring mine?

I don't think I can make it out there Mike :(

I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises at this point.

Last edited:
Plan on being there.

Looking forward to it. I hope it'll be my 3rd weekend in a row to be wrenching.

To all - Mike and Marie have an awesome place with lots of room. His AC has no trouble keeping up with the massive garage.

Exactly. Just be cautious if he tells you to go drive through the creek. ;)

I should be free for this.

Oh come on E, the creek ride after the apple pie moonshine was fun. When was the last time we got to chisel frozen ice off of an exhaust pipe, bumper, and suspension components? We all had fun pulling you out and as a result everybody went and bought new winches after that creek excursion.

I don't think I can make it out there Mike :(

I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises at this point.
That's OK Johnny, we'd love to see you but know you have a lot going on and coming up this year. Shan

Good point Mike. Small price to pay for the ok to get a winch. Lol

I hope to make it to.... if we have enough hands and someone who likes to play with electric, help me figure out why my DS front window is in-op. Jay

I hope to make it to.... if we have enough hands and someone who likes to play with electric, help me figure out why my DS front window is in-op. Jay
Is it the 80? Do the other windows work from their door switches (not the DS master)?

Dang , a hamom in Asheboro and I can't make it :(. Already had a fishing trip to Alaska booked for that weekend .

Is it the 80? Do the other windows work from their door switches (not the DS master)?
Yes all the other windows work from master and door switches. Yes 1993 80 series....

FJ'ers,

Wanting to put an Old Man EMU lift on my new 60 and thought having a few extra hands might be nice. If any ONSC'ers can make it down/up to Asheboro, I promise not to work you too hard. We have a nice 3 car garage with AC to turn wrenches and listen to music. I have most everything we'll need but if someone has an 3/8" impact wrench they could bring, that would be great.

I'll open up the garage at 8am for any early birds but the heavy lifting won't start until about 10am. Feel free to come by anytime that works for you. We'll plan to grill some hotdogs or something after we get done.

Wives and kids and dogs that don't eat Whippets are all welcome.

If you plan to stop by, PM me and I send you my address.

Anticipated thanks.

Mike
I will join you in my first HAMON. I'll bring my hands and a strong back.

I am going to try to be there, if for nothing else to learn and see new things.

what would you like?
OK, here's the deal. We don't care what it is, as long as it's above the Keystone/Milwaukee threshold (PBR is always welcome!). Just bring enough for yourself but don't get mad if it mysteriously disappears. Also, know that Shan is 30 minutes from a store. You might wanna grab some snacks that we'd like for yourself.

Seriously, just bring yourself, a strong back and a keen eye to get the hell out of the way when parts starts moving where they shouldn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom