Haff Hawged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no kidding!!! what a loser...

oh, I've put about 20K on her since the engine...she sits for now, waiting on some time for me to get back to it...changed jobs, moved, kids, etc...but I haven't quit yet...really want to get back to the front end suspension mod/aging the frame, maybe; also have to find the time and money to start the restore of the 77 body- I am missing the wagon...Thanks for bumping this up- I do need to get some more work done on it.

Glad to hear. Sounds like life is treating you well!

Yeah man, you bet! I remember looking thru this thread back in the day and just shaking my head at all the work you were putting into. Waaaaay too much involved for it to be sitting out somewhere turning into a huge pack-rat nest, or worse yet, scrapped.

THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN AS LONG AS i'M NOT COVERED IN WORMS

drove that truck hard till last spring, then let it get some rest while I drove my new 1994 21 MPG xtra cab(let my pocket book rest, too...)

Glad to hear. Sounds like life is treating you well!

a world from where we were a couple years ago- maybe 2...I am in awe/grateful to be where I'm at everyday. Like maybe it does pay off...

my poor boy...named the dude Forrest even after growing up with a name like Simon. But Bob is right! you never know...heck, he could have been named Sue- I don't want to hear it!!!

ALright. waiting for the smog guys to call back and tell me if I can "add the EFI stuff" to my 2F....the rule is that you must install the same year or newer engine, the same sizer OR LARGER, with no internal or external engine mods...I know the sticking point will be the injector pockets not being cut into the 2F head...a 76 or earlier pig could do a "3"FE swap, but an fj60 CAN NOT- the engine is SMALLER than the 2F by .2 litres. NOW, if the frame were, say, an 88-92, then I could swap in a "3"FE, but then the rig is registered as an 88-92. Not entirely bad, but counter-intuitive, for sure. I might have just figured out the Cali Smog Ref "3"FE loophole...I am trying to get up to Hairy Apples to get his fj80 carcass for the suspension mounting bits....maybe I keep a few more inches of the front of the frame....Does anyone on the hiway99 coridoor need an fj80 tub?

don't get me wrong guys- I love my monster 2F, but the smog nazis not so much...

it's all going to be based upon where the BOSS decides he wants to live, and he just signed a 5 year on 30000 squares with 36' ceilings, brand spanking new with offices built to suit. If I play my cards right, I'll have a workshop with a lathe and mill, and maybe, just maybe, a 3D printer. I'll deal with Calis BS for a while still...

I cant believe I haven't read this whole thread until now. Guess I know what to do when the back half of mine rots off

best call Bob...

well, it's been some time...enough for some rust to creep back into the floor region :censor::bang::(...and enough for me to be missing the ol buckboard wagon ride. TIME TO GET OFF THE POT...sortof...but more like...BACK AT IT!!! Gotta get a second daily back on the books and the search for a running 22re for less than a grand is pooping out, so it looks like I'm going to have to find a way to make my rig pass smog again. First order is to get a smog system put back together, starting with the manifolds, and exhaust...
ps...this ol goat takes it's time to get going once it wakes up, so don't be surprised by long gaps between upcoming posts...

We’re going to need some pictures!!

oh yeah...pics to follow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom