Haff Hawged (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks a lot J, I'll prolly do the bulk route due to the odd floorpan and I hope to get in on some grey in the upcoming order. I'll get my order placed soon!

IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1984.JPG
IMG_1985.JPG
Got a bit more out of the way

Gunna need to fix up the wiper regulator before it goes back in. Finish chipping out the old seam sealer and reseal. Gunna paint the heater housing, pedal bucket and pedals, replace any bushings and paint underside of cowl and back side of dash. Gunna clean up the harness some more and paint the dash face and then return focus to the floor.

What do you guys recommend for getting the rust in the seams?

And should I prime paint the joints before reapplying the sealer?

I'm thinking soda blaster for the nooks and crannies behind the dash. it's just surface rust...

What should I do about the inside of the a pillars?

I've just started rereading your thread from page 1. I figured I ought to go back to school...

HA! that's what keeps us going...you got it right in more than enough areas a guy could take a few lessons from it.

Stopped for a new bib and goggles and saw this guy...

IMG_2025.JPG

Scrubbed the bejeebys out of the back side of the dash in prep of reseal, paint, and wiper re-install

IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG
Cut the seat risers....

IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG

Some new policies...

Wiper pivot housings... epoxied plates top and bottom to the flange, gunna jb weld the plates together and stuff em with superlube. Thanks for the
tip @scrapdaddy
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2040.JPG

Got this hook and loop woven wire loom wrap around. Surprisingly cheap vs the crappy plastic stuff...

IMG_2046.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG

Got to get some rust converter, inner chassis coating for the Apes a can or two of paint and some seam sealer and the dash will be ready for a looong haul. Prolly have to pull the windshield this summer to clean up the lip and I still have to do the new seat risers, but hoping to have it ready for long term service in the next couple weeks. Really wishin I'd taken the effort before, but there were a lot if thing playing into that decision. ahhh the spices of life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom