Got Shorty, now what... (Dropping the Deuce) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope. For no more than it will be driven I can't justify the cost of the h55. In running thru the math, I'm pretty sure I can do the whole conversion for less than I could get just the h55 for alone.

I dont blame you. They are costly.

If you're interested in doing a rebuild i know where you might get a h42 for freeeee!

Nope. For no more than it will be driven I can't justify the cost of the h55. In running thru the math, I'm pretty sure I can do the whole conversion for less than I could get just the h55 for alone.
My whole swap was way less than a new h55. Probably almost half the cost...

Now that the hard piece is in I can get around to sorting out the rest of the components.

Arrived as a box of parts.
1210160916.jpg

I think I did pretty well with no instructions.

1210160946a.jpg

Making a call tomorrow to sort out some other drivetrain parts.

Last edited:
Did the guy in Reno with the trans and other parts work out?

Not yet, but at this point I have another lead that I know is solid. I have to make a call in a little bit and depending on how that goes, I may not need anything from him anyway. I will update later today.

I put in a call to Georg at Valley Hybrids (thanks again @beno ) and he is taking care of it. No more space cadets, he had pretty much everything needed and is going to get me squared away. I will still need to get a clutch, master, slave and assorted lines, but as a whole i should be getting much closer to getting this thing up and going soon. Guess I need to get a set of hubs lined up and hit Onur up for some of them fancy TT rotors and pads to complete the frontend rebuild. :)

Would this wheel
STEALTH6_finish_2_grande.jpg

Be too much brown for the shorty?
0711161808_HDR-1.jpg

With this whole manual swap impending, I'm kinda thinking of sprucing the ole girl up a little.

nice wheels but go beadlocks now and don't look back.

If I could talk Patrick down on those Hutchensons I'd be sportin' them hushpuppies. Unfortunately those for sure aren't in the budget, and these probly aren't either, but they sure are Purdy.

If I could talk Patrick down on those Hutchensons I'd be sportin' them hushpuppies. Unfortunately those for sure aren't in the budget, and these probly aren't either, but they sure are Purdy.

Just start posting pictures of the Christmas Story until he drops the price.

I agree with @TeddyBoy if you are going to crawl it go with beadlocks. Give Scott at "GoForth Tire" in Knoxville a call, he might have what you are looking for at a good price.

But to answer your question, I think the wheels would look good. May I add with a set of 40's wrapped around them too.

I 100% agree. I want a set of 39" comp treps on beadlocks. I think I'd like a set of Hutchensons, but when the time comes I will see what the budget dictates.

As far as the plan for Shorty, going to get the 4spd swap done, find a replacement flare for the front DS, have the hood and front fenders repainted. Clean it up good, new tires and wheels and make it a nice driver. I've been reading @Box Rocket's build lately and I really like the way his is setup, so that is kind of the target I'm aiming at, at least for overall stance.

I suspect @robustbambi would be happy just to unload them especially this time a year. :geek:

ralphie3.jpg

I suspect @robustbambi would be happy just to unload them especially this time a year. :geek:

Those scs wheels would look great, Matt. And yeah Ted, I'd love to sell them I've got my eye on this fantastic Wilson combat cqb . Don't tell Aidan. He thinks Im crazy for buying a les Baer. 1911s are addicting....

So how many days do I need to keep this up...

EBfJxGI.jpg

Well, I'm not planning on that anytime soon. Also, just noticed I found a picture with JFK reflecting on his glasses....

Anyway, I should have the 4spd, case, bellhousing, etc headed this way this week or next. I also found a FF rear that I am working on getting headed this way as well.

I plan to step up to the FZJ brakes up front when I rebuild the front axle as well.

Guess this will be my project for the early part of 2017. Get this going and try to finish up the suspension swap and t-case install on the other rig while I'm at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom