Got Holiday Wheeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am game for anything up to moderate. I beat the $#!^ out out my T4R on Rug Road in October, and need to keep it safe as my DD. If you need lockers, I am out. If 31s, traction control, and a 2 inch lift will suffice, count me in.

Definitely want to get out some though.

Its that time of year again and many will be off work for holiday break. Post up your wheeling trips, short notices are good this time of year as many are looking for a break.

So are you back from your world travels?

Probably up for something not to hard. Thinking of giving my 3rd gen 4Runner to a kid and don't want to tear it up first.

I'm heading to Moab the evening of Dec 20th, returning the 23rd. Meeting my bro and his family for some winter wheeling. No real itinerary/run planned, just exploring, shopping, eating, drinking and being merry. Not camping-brrrrrrr. Forecast calls for cold and dry.

Off work Dec 20th through Jan 6th so I'm open to some regional exploring, even mid-week if anyone is putting anything together.

I will be doing the opposite. Heading to Phoenix from Moab. We would like to do some wheeling down there in my old stomping grounds but it don’t know if I’ll have time. Maybe Fr 42 or back way to CK.

Deer hunting this weekend but if anyone wants to do a little rock crawling out in Florence I am always willing.

The wife is heading to SD for Xmas and I will be here alone so if anyone wants to do some light to moderate wheeling let me know.

I will be doing the opposite. Heading to Phoenix from Moab. We would like to do some wheeling down there in my old stomping grounds but it don’t know if I’ll have time. Maybe Fr 42 or back way to CK.

Sadly FR42 has been closed for years and although back way to CK is open its now a freeway on the weekends.

I guess a lot of things have changed in the last 15 years.

I’m in. Might be interesting up in the area north of wickenburg. Gold king mansion and over to the old mine. Long day but different

I’m in. Might be interesting up in the area north of wickenburg. Gold king mansion and over to the old mine. Long day but different
Steve, what else is up there that we could check out? That's a 300+ mile round trip for a pretty short trail. Maybe find a few other points of interest and camp???

we'll be in town as well over the Holidays

no particular plans yet - but will post up for those who want to join in :steer:

Steve, what else is up there that we could check out? That's a 300+ mile round trip for a pretty short trail. Maybe find a few other points of interest and camp???

The Hualapai mountains have a number of trails. Closer to Wickenburg there are other trails off the east side of the highway. Phil and I ran through this a little over a year ago, pretty cool area with some wheeling challenges and lots of scenery. Elevations run from about 5000’ to almost 8500’. Given the time of year and elevation it could have snow.

Phil and I got snowed on in May of 2017.
CAD358CF-8BF2-4A32-9860-C3415EB68DE6.jpeg
8D19D529-E919-479E-B32F-71944D33A5B3.jpeg
BFA84A87-E658-47EC-942B-8FB8A32925ED.jpeg
8239B0EF-CABB-4DD0-BD26-34FC1E58B296.jpeg

I’m sure that during the holidays we could get a few runs closer to home, most we have run before. Any wheeling is good wheeling in my opinion, something for everyone.

Lorna and I will be in the area following Christmas Day and will be open to some wheeling.

Has anybody been to
Redfield Canyon Cliff House - i saw this on Facebook and looks like an amazing 4 wheel trip/hike and camping spot.

I think me and @ncavi10 will do a short trip or two out to fourpeaks, saguaro, sycamore area. Probably do some shooting, cooking and all around tomfoolery if anyone is interested in coming along. I will post up when we decide to go. Nice thing about the area is that there are no real set trails, lots of bypasses, try whatever you like.

C ◄Click the C for those of interest

Opens at noon on Saturday
Area camping
Easy 3 hour drive from my casa
50° - 72° Sat temp forecast

Thoughts?

Interested/ I was also thinking of a coke ovens run tomorrow with camping, but never been there, some info says access is not available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom