Generic Window Motor/Regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Threads
I just installed a brand new, $40, eBay special, window regulator and motor on my 80 Series Driver's side front door. The original motor was burned up and the regulator was in bad shape... But even in bad shape, it was higher quality than this thing. I realize you get what you pay for... But has anyone had a problem with these things? I'm tempted to search a little harder for an OEM replacement already!

IME the only way to go for the regulator is OEM, new or a salvage yard part, or from the parting out section here. A new aftermarket regulator I looked at (Dorman) was obviously inferior to my used OEM part, which I reused.

IME the only way to go for the regulator is OEM, new or a salvage yard part, or from the parting out section here. A new aftermarket regulator I looked at (Dorman) was obviously inferior to my used OEM part, which I reused.

Yep, I will have to agree with you regarding OEM. The generic Driver's Window motor gave up the ghost this morning when I got to work. I put the window down to go through the security gate and that was the end... Didn't even last 2 months. :bang:

I bought an aftermarket motor (dorman) when my drivers window stopped working, but kept the original regulator. Been going strong for 2 years now.

Can you still get them OEM? My driver's started making noise tonight. Eff.
Same issue here. I was digging through the pile of engine parts from the LX I just got and found the PS window parts in it. Since the LX had no engine or battery I couldn't test anything.
FYI there is a 96 in the Austin Wrench-a-part. When I was there last week nothing had been picked through yet. Hopefully it will still be there when I go back to check on the PS window regulator.

Can you still get them OEM? My driver's started making noise tonight. Eff.

EBay has some brand new ones from $200-$300, but TRDSparks or CDan might be able to do better. I saw the Dormans on there as well - they look sturdier than the aftermarket motor that I purchased.

rockauto has some sale right now

arcteryx here on MUD is parting some 80s, he may have the regulators and motors used

the OEM driver side rear motor I recently bought from Toyota was not cheap

I have two rears plus a passenger window motor reg set for sale. They are used with about 127,000 miles on them. Pm me if interested.

If you end up sourcing a used motor (much better than the aftermarket cr*p), a rear passenger motor will fit front drivers side

I just noticed that Cruiser Parts has OEM rebuilds for about $100 - might have to go that route! Mahalo, hawaiicruz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom