Builds FZJ80 The Devils Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are interested I have the rear spoiler for the lift gate.... It turns out it is not going to work for my project. I do not have the mounting straps from the side of the spoiler to the lift gate though but they should be quite easy to fab up.

Could I convince you to sell me the rear spoiler on the liftgate? Hard to find those here in the US.

If you are interested I have the rear spoiler for the lift gate.... It turns out it is not going to work for my project. I do not have the mounting straps from the side of the spoiler to the lift gate though but they should be quite easy to fab up.
Can you PM me a few photos and an asking price? TIA

14433219_1113389635422514_4105460830620276983_n.jpg

Got Hands On

1310 CV DRIVESHAFT CARDON. GREASE ABLE SPICER UJOINTS. BUILT WITH THE 2" 120 WALL TUBING FOR A FRONT & SPIN BALANCED AT 100 MILES A HOUR.

Sample Pic ...

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Finally Received The Rear Bumper In UAE ...
Still Need To Ship It To Pakistan Now ....

14593324_1392228744161006_992391218_n.jpg

(My Mustang Also Rocks :p)

Wow, you're really going all out with your 80, I like it! It's good as mentioned before, to see what others do in different parts of the world. It's nice to see a different approach rather than the same old stuff we do here.

With the winch you got (very nice by the way!), check your bumpers you're looking into as to where the winch sits in relation to the grille. I have the Shortbus from Slee, and I had to notch my grille so it Smittybilt XRC 12,000lb would fit. Just a thought if you haven't bought a front bumper yet.

That's also a really nice front driveshaft too. Thought mine was nice but WOW!
The lift kit you purchased, I assume those springs ride pretty nice being variable rate, yes?

My only other thought is that you're running chromoly axles on the street, they're much stronger, but do wear out quicker if you didn't know. I run the part time kit in the front from Slee as well which gives me selectable hubs and a transfer case spool, so I'm not turning the axles all the time. I just broke my rear axle shaft and twisted the splines on both rear axles last month on the Rubicon, and I'm going to run the stock axles around town as my rig is my daily driver (DD), and purchase the chromoly axles in a few months to swap in when I go to the tough trails. Everywhere I read including the manufacturers, say not to run chromoly axles on the street all the time, as they'll lose their strength over time, and can eventually twist the splines just like a stock axle. Every warranty I've read about for chromoly axles states you have to "break" an axle for warranty claims, and twisted splines are not covered. Something to think about as I'd hate to see someone put a lot of time and money into their rig only to be left stranded on a trail when ultimately strong parts have been added. I'm going the route I've chosen because the rear axles are so easy to change, about 30min for both once you've done it a few times, I see no reason not to.

And finally, we all want to see the black wheels and tires on it. Not the 37's, but the Nitto's! Those look great and will handle great too. Keep up the good work, we thrive from all the pictures over here, keep them coming!
Phildoh

Last edited:
NICE! Keep up the good work

Wow, you're really going all out with your 80, I like it! It's good as mentioned before, to see what others do in different parts of the world. It's nice to see a different approach rather than the same old stuff we do here.

With the winch you got (very nice by the way!), check your bumpers you're looking into as to where the winch sits in relation to the grille. I have the Shortbus from Slee, and I had to notch my grille so it Smittybilt XRC 12,000lb would fit. Just a thought if you haven't bought a front bumper yet.

That's also a really nice front driveshaft too. Thought mine was nice but WOW!
The lift kit you purchased, I assume those springs ride pretty nice being variable rate, yes?

My only other thought is that you're running chromoly axles on the street, they're much stronger, but do wear out quicker if you didn't know. I run the part time kit in the front from Slee as well which gives me selectable hubs and a transfer case spool, so I'm not turning the axles all the time. I just broke my rear axle shaft and twisted the splines on both rear axles last month on the Rubicon, and I'm going to run the stock axles around town as my rig is my daily driver (DD), and purchase the chromoly axles in a few months to swap in when I go to the tough trails. Everywhere I read including the manufacturers, say not to run chromoly axles on the street all the time, as they'll lose their strength over time, and can eventually twist the splines just like a stock axle. Every warranty I've read about for chromoly axles states you have to "break" an axle for warranty claims, and twisted splines are not covered. Something to think about as I'd hate to see someone put a lot of time and money into their rig only to be left stranded on a trail when ultimately strong parts have been added. I'm going the route I've chosen because the rear axles are so easy to change, about 30min for both once you've done it a few times, I see no reason not to.

And finally, we all want to see the black wheels and tires on it. Not the 37's, but the Nitto's! Those look great and will handle great too. Keep up the good work, we thrive from all the pictures over here, keep them coming!
Phildoh

Appreciated The Humble Words ...

Yes Front Bumper Is Locked & Purchased ... Coming All The Ways From USA ...
Front Bumper Design (Middle Section) Is Compatible With My Winch :)

Got New Information On Chromoly Axles .. Thanks ... Seems I Have To Keep Stock One As Spares In SUV All Time :)
Nitto's (32") Were Too Small To Use As Per The Present Height So That Y I Jumped To A/T 37" Coopers.

Still Project Is On Going ... Many More To Come Stay Tuned ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom