FZJ75 Intermittent Wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
My 1994 Gulf Spec FZJ75 pickup wiper switch was having intermittent issues working so I pulled the steering wheel and switch assembly. Cleaned everything up with electrical contact cleaner and it’s all working now. The current switch has a momentary up or “mist” position as well as off, low and high. There is another switch available which has off, intermittent, low and high positions (see photos of both switches). I ran across this variant when I thought I might have to buy a new switch.

So before I spend $180 to buy the intermittent assembly, which I might do anyway just to have spare parts, can anyone with the intermittent variation tell me if there is a way to adjust the intermittent frequency or is it non-adjustable? Also, do you lose the mist capability or is that still functional but just not marked on the switch lever? Thanks

BD4A5EB1-F7E3-4860-81D6-70B60D29FB05.jpeg

94330B9B-91A5-4F9D-B279-1067E987F347.jpeg

I have the intermittent one on #1 79.....you do not get a MIST function with it which sucks. It just has one INT setting that is pretty dumb and it is NON ADJUSTABLE. I never use it. I had MIST on an older 4runner or something and I thought it was the best thing ever.

I have the new switch like in your first pic that I need to install in #1 once #2 is up and running.

On the new style dash, you can take a wiper from any Toyota that has INT and use it. It's adjustable AND you still get the MIST function. Pretty cool.

I have the intermittent one on #1 79.....you do not get a MIST function with it which sucks. It just has one INT setting that is pretty dumb and it is NON ADJUSTABLE. I never use it. I had MIST on an older 4runner or something and I thought it was the best thing ever.

I owe you a 🍺. You just saved me $180. 😀

My old Series Land Rovers had intermittent windshield wipers even back in the 60's. Unfortunately they were "intermittent" even when on high. :)

My old Series Land Rovers had intermittent windshield wipers even back in the 60's. Unfortunately they were "intermittent" even when on high. :)

I bet the whole electrical system in that truck could be described as "intermittent"

I bet the whole electrical system in that truck could be described as "intermittent"
.... and that would be a "kind" description.

Bringing this thread back from the depths...
In my 1995 HZJ75 the intermittent setting only runs the wiper blades up... and then stops. Also the wipers do not "park". (U suspect this is because the switch has to cycle past "intermittent" when turning off the wipers.

Before I tear into this I was wondering if it is more likely that the switch is in need for a cleaning/refresh (or to be replaced) or of it might be the wiper relay?

And lastly: I had replaced the switch/stalk assemble on my FJ60 with one from a mini truck that had 3 intermittent settings... is there an option to do this on my 75 series... are they (as stated above) all the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom