Fuel tank sending unit - options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fuel tank sending unit doesn't work. Is there a replacement option that anyone installed with success? My piggie is a 1972.

thanks for any ideas and help you can provide,

Hey Ron, does that unit allow you to set the resistance window?

to the OP, I have an issue with my fj62s sender- seems like the nichrome wire is broken and the gauge doesn't register. I am thinking about rewinding the resistance wire board with some hobbyshop nichrome wire of suitible size. There are even a few ih8mud writes ups about doing so where one can find the OEM vs aftermarket wire specs...

if Rons deal can be calibrated to work with your gauge, tho...

Lambcrusher,

I believe the company can set it on your request. I'm using the Speedhut gauges and have the sender at the standard 33-240 ohms. I really don't know for sure if it plays well with the stock Toyota gauge.

From the link Ron posted,
"Standard American 240-33 ohms.
European standard (0-180 ohms) and special customization available upon request"

I'm reviving this old thread to gather input for my faulty stock sensor. Does anyone know the stock tank depth if I were to order one of these KUS units? I can pull my old sensor and measure but was hoping someone already knows what length to order for a stock 55 tank.

The tank is 5 3/4 inches so I ordered the 5 inch KUS. Should work well with my Speedut gauge since ohm range is standard to the gauge.

The KUS bolt pattern is SAE and just different enough that I would have to bastardize it to fit and then I'm worried about it not sealing.

Has anyone used an FJ40 sender? I see certain venders list them as fitting both the 40 and the 55 but the part numbers are different.

stock FJ55 is 83320-60040 and the FJ40 is 83320-60050.

I also see a unit on eBay that advertises part number 83320-60041 to fit FJ55/56. I'm wondering if it's worth the $45 to ship it from Taiwan?

Probably only if a stock 40 tank is close to the same depth as a 55 tank. If you could find out that info, would probably give you a closer idea.

I have the FJ40 to find out. Unfortunately it's 750 miles to the west in Colorado so I'm hoping someone here can enlighten us.

I found indications from another thread in the 40/55 section that the depth is a little over 6-1/2”. IIRC, the 55 tank (at least the later ones) is ~6”.
I measured it at 5 3/4 on the early tanks. Worst case I could make a bend in the float wire so it would be more accurate on the empty side. I'm not too worried about it's accuracy on the top side.

It also looks like the 83320-60041 part number is for the later 55 tank. Either way I'm going to have to gamble.

The good thing is whatever the ohm range is, my gauges will handle it.

...so I had read the thread before but now its too many words. I only ask because I have a sender that works out of a 70. I dont need it. That is really why I'm axin.

In need of a late model sender. The fj40 sender work? Thanks
Miie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom