Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have and drop blocks on the front or are the bushing mounts stock.

Yes I needed and have custom front swaybar drops.

Im with SLEE when I say all 80's are setup a little different. MAKE SURE with this and any mod you cycle your suspension to make sure you have clearance on your swaybar and front driveline when disconnected.

I recently had a chance to see the action of these sway bar disconnects. Phil took me out on the AZ trails while I was there on vacation. Thanks again. It was an amazing day for me since I have never been on the trails in AZ.

We did runs with the sways connected and disconnected and the difference was very appearant. The cruiser was WAY smoother while flexing. The body of the 80 stayed level while fully flexing. The operation of the disconnect was very smooth and took only a min. or so for it to be disconnected and reconnected. Overall this is a must have on all 80's IMO. And for the price it's a no brainer.

Couple pics for proof, :D

Last edited:
Cruiser Phil, I will take a pair of those front sway disconnects. I'm not real computer litterate so wouldn't know how to get you paid? Let me know!

mine are great apart from getting under your truck when it's covered in mud to put them back in!!!

Phil, I'm in for a set too.
Thanks

Phil,

Sign me up!

PM me if/when you're ready.

Thanks!

Mot

Phil,

Thanks!

Please let me know when I need to give up my left nut, I mean my $$$. ;)

Phil, go ahead and put me on the list as well.

Thank you (and the kids) for doing this. I don't want to miss out on this run.

I would like to be added as well. Thanks.

Construction....

IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing like breaking child labor laws and paying the kids with beef jerky! ;)

Sent from DynaTAC bag phone

Works for me!

:lol:

Hey phil, I just lost that passenger side pin on a road trip today. Maybe I didn't get the cotter pin seated all the way. I have the spare you provided but it don't work on the passenger side, as you know...

Do you have the dimensions handy so I can go get me another one?

:steer:

Works for me!

:lol:

Hey phil, I just lost that passenger side pin on a road trip today. Maybe I didn't get the cotter pin seated all the way. I have the spare you provided but it don't work on the passenger side, as you know...

Do you have the dimensions handy so I can go get me another one?

:steer:

It available at ACE hardware (~$6each) I will PM you the Hillman part number later today.

3/8" x 2" Stainless Steel Clevis pin that we cut and shape.

Last edited:
It available at ACE hardware (~$6each) I will PM you the Hillman part number later today.

3/8" x 2" Stainless Steel Clevis pin that we cut and shape. If you cant find one LMK and we can send it.

Thanks, got 'em! (and spares...)

:cheers:

Still making these? I would love to get on your list for the next production run, or however you are doing these.

Yes I can add your name to the list if you like. The latest run should ship next week
I put my name on the list weeks back. Do I contact you in order to pay for them or what is the procedure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom