Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disconnect and reconnect times less then 1 minute
thumb.gif

Video shot back to back with no editing

Phil this is pretty cool, good job. Could you post up pics of the links attached to the axle?

Nice video! I'm sold and will be ordering a set, just need to wrap up my dual battery setup first.

Phil this is pretty cool, good job. Could you post up pics of the links attached to the axle?

The first picture is the passengers side, earlier 80 series dont have a brake bracket like later 80 series. This gives you the option of using the same style clip used on the drivers side(2nd picture) on both sides. Ea

IMG_7062.jpg
IMG_7063.jpg

Last edited:
What's your solution on keeping the sway bar from flopping around on the axle when disconnected?
1st post, 1st picture.

Thank for the pics Phil

In the Copperstate Cruisers trail run yesterday, one of the members (Gummybob) disconnected his set of these swaybar disconnect kits and after several trail challenges remarked that he felt these gave him more flex. I watched him disconnect these very quickly - Im installing mine next week.

Awww shat. another mod to buy. def. need these. Flex pics and your % increase data is the seller

Will this work on 60 series?

Where are the rocker armor/sliders! I have a birthday coming up and want a set!

Of course it was 5 below in the shop this morning so the install might just have to wait a while, but still...

Please make these!

from France : super tight item !!
good exchange with Phil at the beginning and fast shipping
Thank you again!
Au revoir !

sweet!!!!

More real world testing - Ran a trail connected and a few days later the same trail disconnected.

Much smoother through the ruff stuff and definitely more tire contact and less tire slippage with diffs unlocked. You get more movement with weight transfer but with the added traction you can go much slower in difficult terrain:cool: Overall a better ride at the end of the day.

Disconnect and connect done during air up and down:meh:

IMG_7199.jpg
IMG_7280.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this mod in action next week!!!

Back in 04’ I fab up some front swaybar quick disconnects and ran them on my 80 for a few years with no issues...

An increase of ~15%.:clap:

On the trail I noticed the front end articulating easier and smoother, another plus.

Thoughts?[/FONT][/SIZE]

My thoughts are that I must have this.

:steer:

Do you have and drop blocks on the front or are the bushing mounts stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom