Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

less than 2 mins

When disconnecting swaybar - Disconnect the drivers side first
When reconnecting swaybar - Connect the passengers side first

Hint - Adjust the brackets to hold the swaybar in place makes pinning it up out of the way much easier.

The old guy in the video disconnecting in less then a minute prior to picking up his SS check.

reconnecting

Last edited:
Mine were a bit tough until I installed the corect front swapbar drop bracket.... have you doen that if you're lifted ?

once that's doen it's 2-3 minutes on a level surface - and a noticable change offroad ....even my GF commented when we went thru a gully two weekends ago ....

Mine were a bit tough until I installed the corect front swapbar drop bracket.... have you doen that if you're lifted ?

once that's doen it's 2-3 minutes on a level surface - and a noticable change offroad ....even my GF commented when we went thru a gully two weekends ago ....
Pics of the girlfriend's gully...

phil how many people carry a camera to go underneath your truck to disconnect your sway bar? if that is normal then i don't know what to say! love your brackets by the way!!

hate to ask this stupid question, but just want to confirm: what is the thread pitch for the two bolts holding the brackets to the frame? I'm sitting here with a set of taps and don't want to screw anything up... thought i'd just ask.

hate to ask this stupid question, but just want to confirm: what is the thread pitch for the two bolts holding the brackets to the frame? I'm sitting here with a set of taps and don't want to screw anything up... thought i'd just ask.

M8-1.25

thanks Phil! I literally JUST figured that out!

A plug for phil's disconnects. i just fabed up a set last weekend since i had some scrap in the garage sitting and staring at me.... By the time you buy hardware, metal, cut and recut, measure and remeasure, crawl under the truck a few hundred times... You might as well just buy these that fit!

I ordered these earlier on a total impulse buy. I was really looking at your interior tire mount that I hope becomes available soon. I just picked up my first fj about a month ago and I'm way too excited about her. My suspension is still stock but I wanted to go play around in big bear and see how much flex she can handle out of the box. Would I need to do anything underneath before fully flexing with the sway bar disconnected? Like longer brake lines or anything of that sort?

stock lines are okay if you have factory lift....even with factory lift, if you get longer shocks, you will need brake lines. your factory shocks limit suspension travel

Awesome. Would it be okay to install j springs without modifying anything else as well?

shocks, swaybar drop brackets, castor, adjust rear brake proportion valve....at the least

Thanks Phil, I just ordered on your google MNI Marketplace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom