From Rust-Free to Rust Belt (1962 FST Restoration) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How tall do your tires measure sitting on the truck. I will be in the market soon and I like the way they look on you 40.

Here are a couple from my 71. I hope they help.

IMG_20151109_191251049_zpsgzcyufmx.jpg

IMG_20151109_191256039_zpsiygu3plk.jpg

That should be close. My 68 hard top had that style on the barn doors when I bought it. This would make a better replacement then what I used. But at the time wasn't worried about being correct as much stopping the rattle.

Let me get a measurement just to double check. It might be a day or two.

5/16" x 1/8"

Sweet dreams! Put the 1962 and 1981 away for the winter and pulled the LV into the garage to start the next project. I stopped by my upholsterer and the seats are coming along well. The FJ25 is ugly but is running better then ever and will be restored once the LV is done.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449022997.695875.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449023113.568897.jpg

Last edited:
Finally able to drive her around! Been working out little gremlins here and there but she runs great and sounds like a Singer. This weekend will be the first test with some longer drives. So happy to be finally driving it!

All I have left is to restore the soft doors and have a top made, but those can wait for now.

Could use a PTO shifter cover thingy if anybody's got one!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anybody else losing 1/4 of the fuel from their float bowl after letting the truck sit hot for 20 minutes? Fuel is siphoning out of the fuel bowl and pooling up in the intake causing hard starts. It'll start after several cranks of the starter with my foot to the floor, but it's kind of embarrassing. Same thing happens with the 25.

Hello Splangy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Very beautiful 62. Like going back in time. Congrats to you for doing such a detailed restoration and it was a pleasure to read through your whole thread this evening. fjfjfj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom