From Rust-Free to Rust Belt (1962 FST Restoration) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would go yellow on the jack rods

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1420268218.122426.jpg

I've been working on finishing up the brake and clutch lines today. Anybody have a photo of how the the brake line runs from the master cylinder to the first splitter? I'd also like to see how the line runs on the right side as it goes around the battery tray and shock tower.

Would be interested in what AC & AE are in fig- 60a that treerootCO posted. Two AD in the diagram. One would be headlight switch the other wiper. One further away from steering wheel is the wiper switch. On the FJ25 the vacuum wipers have knob you slide to operate the wipers.

Is there a OEM part number for a heater switch this early. First one I ever remember being OEM came on the 65 models with the option factory heater. That was the same switch used until 73? It has H in the center. Starting in 68 it was in the dash. The few years before that it was on a bracket mounted off the bottom. That bracket also had the vent cable that was used for outside air. I remember one FJ45LV that had the pre 65 model heater that appeared to be a factory option. It was the round Nippon-Denso with a special housing for outside air. A few 25s had Nippon-Denso heater but hard to say where they were installed. It wasn't until some time during 62 that Toyota even put defrost vents in the windshield to be used with the US made kits Toyota was offering to their dealers to install as a option.

Hahaha. Nice collection! Those from early rigs?

The third one from the bottom is the Fj25 rod. hdjtachtig's pic confirms they were yellow. You should add that pic to the jack thread!
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/741059-fj-series-oem-jack-reference.html

Would be interested in what AC & AE are in fig- 60a that treerootCO posted. Two AD in the diagram. One would be headlight switch the other wiper. One further away from steering wheel is the wiper switch. On the FJ25 the vacuum wipers have knob you slide to operate the wipers....

FJ25
Save0137.jpg

Save0138.jpg

'61 - '62 FJ40
Save0139.jpg

Save0140.jpg

Last edited:
Key fob just reminds me of the one my parents used when I was kid. They didn't drive a Toyota until the eighties. It's probably something you really don't want to do is have that much weight on the ignition switch.

I know my FJ45 uses the same switch for the heater and may have another one on a early cruiser. My 25 with the Nippon-Denso heater I remember having a white knob but would have to check.

That horn button came on a few of my cruisers. I guess I could have done that to my 68 when I bought it in 74 the horn didn't work. I just pulled the horn button apart and fixed it instead.:meh:

Is there any way one of you could measure the thickness of the metal used in the starting handle clip ? I'm trying to fab reproductions of those but will use the later style bolt pattern for later Cruisers . Early ones used the offset pattern , later models have an inline pattern . Need someone with a pair of calipers to get an exact thickness so I can find the correct gauge metal .
Sarge

I got her running and she purrs like a kitten. Doing body work on fenders and hood today. Still waiting for Shane to get my seat covers to me that I paid for 14 months ago. Almost done!

Can anybody send me some photos of the 1961-1962 shift linkage? I'm either having another brain fart or the 1961 parts manual is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom