Fluid control thermostat for transmission cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey everyone,
I am planning on adding a transmission cooler soon to my FJ62 and I was thinking of adding a fluid control thermostat (like this one Derale 25719: Fluid Control Thermostat 1/2" NPT | JEGS ) after the radiator and before the aux cooler. This way the aux cooler only comes online once the fluid is hot enough and doesn't prolong the warm up time for the tranny. Has anyone else used one? Have opinions on good ones? There is a large range in prices for these things. Thank you!

What cooler did you get?

I personally would not run an additional control device in the loop. On the 3/4 ton trucks I've had there is no thermostat in the loop and all these trucks have aux trans coolers. Not that it would be wrong to use one, its just something else in the loop that in my view is not value added.

I personally would not run an additional control device in the loop. On the 3/4 ton trucks I've had there is no thermostat in the loop and all these trucks have aux trans coolers. Not that it would be wrong to use one, its just something else in the loop that in my view is not value added.
Thanks! I'll procede without it then. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't over cool the fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom