FJ62 factory radiator trans cooler fitting size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone tell me if these dimensions will be a drop in, no additional parts needed swap? My main concern is the trans cooler fittings swapping over correctly. Please and thank you.

It's an aluminum Champion 3-row and I want to make sure I don't need anything else before I order it.

IMG_2266.PNG

Do a search for the actual size, it's in this forum somewhere because I've discussed it before. I know they are metric and I think M16x1.5.

Thanks- I tried a search and couldn't come up with anything exact. I guess I'll do some more digging. Or just order it and cross my fingers.
Do a search for the actual size, it's in this forum somewhere because I've discussed it before. I know they are metric and I think M16x1.5.

I just bought a new CSF metal/brass replacement off Amazon. I called and talked to the guys at Valley Hybrid and that's what they recommended. It's a 4-row drop in replacement with oil cooler. It was $408 plus tax on Amazon

If you haven't replaced the 4 soft hoses on your transmission cooler lines then this may be a good time. My local shop can make any hoses. They re-use the fittings and can put a standard fitting on one side to match whatever radiator you get.

I am in the middle of swapping all 4 of my soft lines this week. Over 300,000 mi on the truck so the hoses are ready to replacement.

If you haven't replaced the 4 soft hoses on your transmission cooler lines then this may be a good time. My local shop can make any hoses. They re-use the fittings and can put a standard fitting on one side to match whatever radiator you get.

I am in the middle of swapping all 4 of my soft lines this week. Over 300,000 mi on the truck so the hoses are ready to replacement.
I'm not messing with them, they don't leak, are still flexible, and don't have half the miles yours has. I'm just trying to make sure the cooler ports are the same size as the factory.

Factory lines have a 14x1.5 thread on the radiator side and a 16x1.5 on the hardline side. FJ62 tranny cooler line fitting size help
There is a good write up on what adapters you will need to convert to -6AN in the faq I believe.

Well, just bit the bullet and ordered the Mishimoto. The champion and CSF reviews were sketchy, some say they're great, some say they're horrible. I'll post pics when it arrives and when I install it.

How did the mishimoto work out for you?
Still sitting in the box in the garage. Haven't installed it yet. I'll get it in in a couple of weeks, I still need to order hoses and belts for it too. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it all while I'm in there.

IMG_0223.JPG
For what it's worth, I researched long and hard for a cooler for my 62. Went with the 6 series cooler from Setrab.
Came with a great mounting bracket connection was a breeze.

www.setrabusa.com

Last edited:
How did the mishimoto work out for you?

Installed it tonight. Fit was 100% perfect, not a single issue with the radiator itself. I did have an issue with a trans cooler fitting leaking, but luckily I had a spare barbed fitting that just so happened to fit. So it's pretty much done. I still have to clean it up and bleed the system a bit more tomorrow, but it's good to go for now.
I can't believe how much lighter it is than the one I pulled out. It's a night and day weight difference. The CSF radiator that was in it made it 16 years.
IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

Installed it tonight. Fit was 100% perfect, not a single issue with the radiator itself. I did have an issue with a trans cooler fitting leaking, but luckily I had a spare barbed fitting that just so happened to fit. So it's pretty much done. I still have to clean it up and bleed the system a bit more tomorrow, but it's good to go for now.
I can't believe how much lighter it is than the one I pulled out. It's a night and day weight difference. The CSF radiator that was in it made it 16 years.

Hey man - I am having a hard time finding replacement fittings to have on deck in case mine are leaking and such. Where did you find a fitting to replace?

I am also thinking of replacing my hoses (potentially the entire hardline as well). what size do you guys recommend, I am a total newb to Radiator/AT Cooling work as I have always driven new cars that are manuals.

Cheers and beers,

JR

Hey BlackCat, how has the Morimoto radiator been working for you? I am in the middle of this same job. I am having trouble getting the transmission cooling lines to separate from the radiator and this is holding me up. Should I be trying the unscrew the fitting closest to the radiator?

20180723_210907.jpg

Hey BlackCat, how has the Morimoto radiator been working for you? I am in the middle of this same job. I am having trouble getting the transmission cooling lines to separate from the radiator and this is holding me up. Should I be trying the unscrew the fitting closest to the radiator?

View attachment 1752846
I ended up selling the truck. I was offered 4x’s what I paid for it, so I sold it. I totally regret it though. Anyways, if you can break the nut loose in front of the crimp fitting, do that. I actually cut the crimp fitting off the old lines, threaded it back into the new radiator with the appropriate sized nuts, and just ran new rubber trans cooler lines. I will tell you that being in Arizona, the mishimoto was one of the best mods I did. I could crawl in 4 low with the A/C blasting for 6hrs straight and it’d never go over 200, even if it was 115 out. They’re awesome radiators.

I ended up selling the truck. I was offered 4x’s what I paid for it, so I sold it. I totally regret it though. Anyways, if you can break the nut loose in front of the crimp fitting, do that. I actually cut the crimp fitting off the old lines, threaded it back into the new radiator with the appropriate sized nuts, and just ran new rubber trans cooler lines. I will tell you that being in Arizona, the mishimoto was one of the best mods I did. I could crawl in 4 low with the A/C blasting for 6hrs straight and it’d never go over 200, even if it was 115 out. They’re awesome radiators.

Thanks for the update even though the truck is gone. My Mishi is on backorder....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom