FJ60 Seat Belt Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased an '87 FJ60 and new to the forum. Thinking of pulling out the seat belts and replacing - they are a bit frayed and I'll occasionally be putting kids in the car in 5-point seats. Any suggestions on best options for front and rear. Seems like Toyota has discontinued making replacements?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum... use the search function as there is a thread floating around with directions and a company name for replacing the belts with the kinetic belts.

Welcome to the forum... use the search function as there is a thread floating around with directions and a company name for replacing the belts with the kinetic belts.
Thanks. I'll keep looking - most of what I found was related to switching over to 3-point harnesses in the rear. . .

IIRC, There's an ongoing thread where someone swapped in new 70 series belts on a 60, think he's overseas but can be sourced.

Is it the "Desert Ditch" thread??...can't remember.

Also a good aftermarket seat belt company people have had success with. Seatbeltsplus??

My Rushing Turdle build thread has links to front and rear three point replacement belts from Seatbelt Planet. Link is in my signature.

Link: The Rushing Turdle

Specifically look at post #80. You will find this little nugget:

I have had several inquiries regarding the seat belts I purchased and where I got them. I bought my belts from Seatbelt Planet. Part numbers are as follows and each part number is one pair of belts (2 seats worth):

Front belts - 5031235 FJ60&62 1983-90 Land Cru Dr/Pass/Dk Brown

Rear belts - 5031335 FJ60&62 1983-90 Land Cru Rear Dr/Pass /Hdw Dk Brown.

Last edited:
Link: The Rushing Turdle

Specifically look at post #80. You will find this little nugget:

I have had several inquiries regarding the seat belts I purchased and where I got them. I bought my belts from Seatbelt Planet. Part numbers are as follows and each part number is one pair of belts (2 seats worth):

Front belts - 5031235 FJ60&62 1983-90 Land Cru Dr/Pass/Dk Brown

Rear belts - 5031335 FJ60&62 1983-90 Land Cru Rear Dr/Pass /Hdw Dk Brown.
Thanks all for the replies. Seatbelt planet was VERY helpful and has a set specifically designed to fit.

I just called Scott at Seat-Belt planet. 405-736-0088. They have a note on their website asking to call them about 40's, 60's and 62's. I was the third caller in 30 minutes. Scott was very helpful. I don't have back-seats, since I have a full storage/sleeping setup in the rear, so I got the front belts only. They had two options for the buckle, side or top button. Top button is what most new cars come with. I think that will be easier so I ordered that. ~$280 shipped, so not cheap, but price-less if I need it, and mine are worn.

Does SB planet's 60 series front belt set include the floor mounted section?...in the rigid plastic sleeve?
I have a new OEM drivers belt in the box but it doesn't include the floor mounted portion, which is now cracking apart.
May skip the OEM and go new aftermarket up front.

How is their color match for our gray and brown interiors??

I called around last fall to the places that re-web belts, and it was cheaper to buy a new OEM assembly. $144 shipped..

image.jpeg

Does SB planet's 60 series front belt set include the floor mounted section?...in the rigid plastic sleeve?
I have a new OEM drivers belt in the box but it doesn't include the floor mounted portion, which is now cracking apart.
May skip the OEM and go new aftermarket up front.

How is their color match for our gray and brown interiors??

Scott at SB told me that their kit includes a "stalk", approx 12-15" in length that places the female end at your hip. He worked with Cruiser Corp a few years ago to develop the replacement solutions for cruisers, and said their brown is pretty close to OEM, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll post some pics when I get the kit.

And curious when it comes to the recall? That only covers the rear middle seat belt, correct? I take it we are all (I know I am) a tad extra freaked out from that "60 head on collision thread."

Scott at SB told me that their kit includes a "stalk", approx 12-15" in length that places the female end at your hip. He worked with Cruiser Corp a few years ago to develop the replacement solutions for cruisers, and said their brown is pretty close to OEM, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll post some pics when I get the kit.

Again...look in the Rushing Turdle thread. I have lots of pictures. I bought brown. They look great and work perfectly. Stalks and all. Top push button. No reason to re-invent the wheel or wonder what you will end up with. Link again: The Rushing Turdle

Look on the 3rd page...around post #57 for seatbelt-specific pics.

Last edited:
Post #124 in roadstr6's thread on The Rushing Turtle shows the pics of the end-button stalks very clearly. You can also see the seat belts in the background, barely, because they blend right in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom