FJ60 Fuel Line System Layout - Return vs Supply (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I'm asking what is probably a silly question, but I've spent the past half hour searching with no luck.

I bought an FJ60 without an engine. I'm looking to find out which fuel hardline is which - supply versus return - under the truck. There are two hard lines mounted one above the other.

Perhaps it doesn't matter which, but I wanted to check in case they feed into the tank at different levels.

Thanks

Mike

Make sure that tank is not rusty...
I *think * the upper fuel line along the frame is the supply.

77277A (to upper tube/line) is listed as "HOSE, FUEL, NO.1(FOR RETURN TUBE, NO.1)

FJ60 Fuel Lines.png

^^^ The fuel hard lines shown above are my factory / original ones from 1987.

I did replace them recently, as I thought they were rusting internally...and for that, I bought a coil of 5/16" stainless from Summit Racing (online) and bent it to match the OEM curves with a bender from Harbor Freight.

HTH.

- Brian

^^^ The fuel hard lines shown above are my factory / original ones from 1987.

I did replace them recently, as I thought they were rusting internally...and for that, I bought a coil of 5/16" stainless from Summit Racing (online) and bent it to match the OEM curves with a bender from Harbor Freight.

HTH.

- Brian
thanks

@orion how did you do the attachement or ends of the pipes? Is it possible to put a fixed ferrule (not sure the technical term?) on the ends like the factory hardlines?

I think the term you're looking for is flare...

I just slipped new rubber (high pressure) fuel line over the hard line by maybe 2 inches, and used 2 OEM style clamps. Has never leaked.

Hope that helps.

- Brian

Thanks! Its like a flare but its not right on the end, but I doubt there is a hand tool that can make those?

This guy will do it right as well. 5/16 beading tools are hard to find that aren't super expensive. These ball bearing jobs are nice in tight places if you don't want to remove the line. Not intended for steel lines but it'll do it if your patient.

<edit>
Found this one too. Haven't seen it before, looks more stout:

I like the inexpensive beading tools, my concern about the expensive one is: does it actually make the pipe smaller at the end with the bead OD? It looks like it does in one of the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom