FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D,

All I'll show for now....

J

IMG_20201026_113500526_HDR.jpg

Great build, subscribed. I’m jealous of the mpg’s your getting with the Cummins, my 1HDT powered FJ62 can’t touch that.

Back when you were asking about colors for the top, I thought it would look pretty cool to do a vinyl wrap with the topography print on it for the upper top or similar.

Wowowwow....love this. Ive owned several Westys prlly my most fav travel rig.... Turning my 60 into a Westy would rock! Is Aluminum lighter than fiberglass?
Screenshot_20200422-214944.png
Screenshot_20200917-233721.png

Last edited:
How much was this conversion?

Back when you were asking about colors for the top, I thought it would look pretty cool to do a vinyl wrap with the topography print on it for the upper top or similar.
I thought the same thing! Sweet Topo pattern would look cool.

I’m getting ready to put a front runner rack on it so I can carry the ski gear. Debating the full rack or load bars. Rack is only 60 lbs. load bars probably 10.
Full rack would definitely look cool

Alright... random check from my insurance company sealed the deal. Frontrunner rack is on the way and just got my scheel Mann matching fabric for the rear bench delivered. She's all coming together!

Im trying to figure out the perfect winter setup for a family of 4 ski camping in parking lots. I have a Webasto for the inside so im thinking insulating the truck well, with either sheeps wool or thinsulate, and including some sort of magnetic window curtains. so that will be the sleep spot. Than for the hanging out portion I was dead set on an Alu-Cab shadow 270 awning with walls, big buddy heater to heat it all. But now im thinking an oz tent rv5 with the front walls and the same heater. Just need a place to cook and play games before hitting the hay in the truck. Any thoughts are welcome!

Whatever soft squishy insulation you put in there, make sure it doesn't rest in the bottom of any panels (so that water can dry/drain) and that it does not itself absorb water.

Other than those considerations, it's a good plan!

Think these were posted before but im trying to get these! These stick up curtains look super nice and custom made. Im sure from Europe they are $$ but we will see the quote they come back with.
BlidimaX - The BlidimaX window screen protection for your vehicle
I purchased these for my 80 series two years ago and have been happy with them.

+1 for the SolarScreens from AUS.

they are amazing

you cannot go wrong with SolarScreens, they will BLACK out your interior. And they are insulated, so they help out in winter. buy it for life type gear. HD replaceable suction cups, really well built. The Aussies do it right

love this more + more!!! How much was the conversion aprox?

love this more + more!!! How much was the conversion aprox?
It was expensive. I can easily justify this to myself five ways over and love it and would do it again. But yeah... quality and custom isn't cheap.

Last edited:
Ill break tradition here and talk dollars. Top was $7500. I can easily justify this to myself five ways over and love it and would do it again. But yeah... quality and custom isn't cheap.
Thats not absurd. A quality hard shell is 3-4k and id have to think 3500 extra o have it custom made into an attached unit is well worth it. Being able to stand up....PRICELESS!! #TY

I was looking at some rooftop tents...the 1 that rlly interest me uses LST or Light Suppression Texhnology. Made by 23Zero. Keeps the light out
...hows the light coming thru the material on your set up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom