FJ55 Dual Battery Tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

National Luna is the isolator that I used. It isolates but you can push a button to have both working together
Aux battery location.jpg
Dual battery relay.jpg
IMG_20151122_140216438_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151123_161047438.jpg

Not for me, just preempting tragedy. The idea is that if you have a fault on the opposite end of your wire you now have 20 feet of cable with a load before it gets to your fuse. Nobody need s a crispy piggy.

I may be mistaken, or I may have over looked this detail already covered, but am I correct that you don’t want to different chemistry batteries charging in parallel?
Or, would these 2 different batteries need to be isolated when charging?

Yes and no sort of.

Yes the batteries would need to be isolated no different than most systems that have a “house” and “start” battery. The main difference would be the DC to DC charger in line on the Lipo side, no different than charging your cell phone when driving.

If you spend some time poking around the internets looking at (van life) or (schooly life) you can check out some of the high end builds that run this system. Most use solar to charge when parked off grid and alternator charging only when driving.

Mostly solar chat but lots of info about charging with vehicle alternator here too. Vehicle Mounted Systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom