Fj40 rear bumperette color code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Does anyone happen to know the color code For the grey paint on the OEM rear bumperettes for fj40’s? I bought A pair with some significant scratches/ blemishes?

Thanks for your help guys!

Danny

Hi,
Does anyone happen to know the color code For the grey paint on the OEM rear bumperettes for fj40’s? I bought A pair with some significant scratches/ blemishes?

Thanks for your help guys!

Danny

See post #2 > click here <

Color is: Ash Grey Metallic Toyota 145

Does anyone know of a krylon or rustoleum rattlecan that matches pewter well enough? Or do I need to buy the $20/can stuff from Cruiser Corps?

Yes... stainless steel...

Pics:
@S4Cruiser

Through the years I have tried several different SS colors... seems they all either fad bad or chalk a bit depending on sun exposure and weather.

My interior pieces the last time i used rustolium ss appliance epoxy and its still good ... without coating... but its not outside in weather

exterior i used the same rustolium as well as the duplicolor and krylon... they all seem to do the chalking after long exposure to outside or it just kinds fades ... my last round i used a satin CC on top and it seems to be good combination for outside 24/7

I have the krylon w/cc on my front markers now... think any with a cc would be good

this was krylon this i sprayed over with the rustolium in the later picture
View attachment 1873709

this was duplicolor:
View attachment 1873711

rustolium and what i have now:
View attachment 1873713

Use Stainless Steel color then clear coat, you’ll be surprised how close it is to the factory color.

This would be for a front bumper so it sounds like I'd definitely need to clear coat. Thanks guys.

Go to O'Reilly auto parts store. They have duplicolor stainless steel rattle cans for about 7 bucks. It's the closest I could find that was the same color as the ash tray.

Any SS spray is very close

krylon makes one
rustolium makes one

Hopefully these are a better match than what I painted a set of used ones with. 76 came without bumperettes so painted a set that came out looking like chrome. :bang:

The original Toyota code was T1434, but I don’t think anybody has a formula for it. Most people use T145, but it’s missing a bit of that golden hue that gives it the distinct pewter color.

Last edited:
Is this the same as the vegas Gold Powder ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom