FJ25 (and some early 40) Part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The book is labelled FJ25 and has many of the old part numbering system superseding to the modern day part numbering system.

The starter is not gear reduced.

Is there anyway to tell if the starter looks like this? Here is a picture of one I found in this section. If it's like this I know I would be interested.

I may call you to pick up a reverse switch. Would easy enough to add a circuit and light to the back frame member like it shows how the option reverse light mounted. Looked at a loose transmission and only place I got see the switch mount is to the side of the shift tower.

IMG_3104.jpg

Did some research for the partnrs. for my early 62 FJ40 with so called side-shifting transmission (1961-1962). Thought I'd share the partnrs. Credits for the partnr. lookup go to sean - 67azcruizr.

Transmission:

transmission partnrs.JPG

figure 60A.JPG

figure 60B.JPG

found this info from looking into something unrelated.... maybe it could benefit somebody

Fitts, Ed ...
8 Juniper Circle, Canton, CT 06019 203-379-5244 (Mornings) Original Vacuum Wiper Parts

Ficken Wiper Service....
132 Calvert Ave, West Babylon, NY. 11704 (631) 587-3332 Trico Vacuum Wiper Rebuilding

The wheel cylinders are figured out.

Wheel Cylinders:
DORMAN 1499 Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder Cup $ 0.34 each

DORMAN B2937 Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder Boot $ 0.53 each

DSC_7856.jpg

Realized today while picking up some parts at the dealer that the little rubber plug bumper that pops into the bottom of the inboard passenger seat leg is the same rubber bumper for the tool box lid. The tool box lid bumpers are NLA, but the seat leg bumper is part number 90541-10009. The bad news is that you need 10 of them!

Last edited:
The part number in the photo is for the rubber pad that goes under the inside foot of the passenger seat frame. The rubber pads for the toolbox I got from Mc Master Carr and can't find the part number right now. John P #3
jackseat 005.JPG

I believe the early center arm kit is getting harder to find. Digging in the stash to rebuild mine for next weekend. Here is a Repco and NAPA / Dana that are reboxed OEM.
1475426212518642063053.jpg

I believe the early center arm kit is getting harder to find. Digging in the stash to rebuild mine for next weekend. Here is a Repco and NAPA / Dana that are reboxed OEM.View attachment 1330336

Jim are they still available? I am hunting for one and wondering if it can be sourced from USA somehow?

No idea, as a bottom feeder I was stockpiling these for cheap, now down to one for the future.

FJ40/45 inner axle bushings for a fine spline diff ball and claw inner axle shaft:

Left = 90999-70065
Right = 90999-70064

Please correct me if i am wrong but are these the ones i need to replace when i am suffering from oil mixed up with the grease on my front axle?
FJ40 1967/9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom