Fall Crawl Planning (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know if Ed is planning on setting up the repeater? I have to head back to town early Saturday morning but will be back by lunch time. I'd like to hook back up with everyone if possible.

I am probably not going to be able to make this one. StaleAle knows how to set up the repeater and Matt is going to be there so I will make sure the repeater, club radios & battery charger and the PA system get delivered. What did I forget?
Ed

Worst case scenario, I'll leave after work Thursday. I tend to get excited and blow off work early usually, so sooner is likely. I need to confirm Mark Cavitch is going, otherwise we need to recruit an extra driver so the raffle truck can get tugged out there.

Did you ever find out if Mark is going?

Can we still register and attend this event guys? I'm not in the CLCC, but wanted to go and I've purchased tickets for the FJ that the club built. My son Conner and I (we've met some of you at the club meeting a few months back). Will be bringing my 80S and my brand spankin ARB Touring rack and Simpson III RTT! Let me know! Clay

Clay- call Vince Dooley 540-xxx-xxxx. He is the man that can get you signed up. I would imagine he can make it happen. Nobody wants to turn anyone away. They just encourage signing by the deadline for logistical purposes

Bart- Mark is confirmed so we will get the raffle truck there. I'm actually considering tugging it with my Taco, just to not take another truck out. The Taco is rated to tow 6200 lbs, which is just about right for the trailer and raffle truck. I will be low on cargo space, so might need help getting raffle prizes there. That should be an easy thing to arrange.

I am in touch with Vince now awaiting an answer.

I don't mind people having my number if they need it, but could you edit your posts to remove a portion of my number please. Certain people shouldn't have my number...

Looks like I can only make it Saturday afternoon. I'll probably try and jump in with someone if I can hail you guys when I get there.

I don't mind people having my number if they need it, but could you edit your posts to remove a portion of my number please. Certain people shouldn't have my number...

can we post your 900 number, or just your cell ? :)

I am planing to arrive Friday afternoon, leaving Alexandria around 1100 to beat the I-66 traffic. I am bringing Bacci Ball, beer, and some fine whiskey. If there is anything else we may need, let me know with a PM.
I decided to leave my FJ-40 behind since towing it with my FJ60 is not the best configuration. Is the Club all meeting in a the same general area or are we spread out in the campground? I'm asking because I've never been there.

can we post your 900 number, or just your cell ? :)

Last time I called his 900 number it was just grunting and the muffled sound of an impact wrench :rainbow::moon:

I am planing to arrive Friday afternoon, leaving Alexandria around 1100 to beat the I-66 traffic. I am bringing Bacci Ball, beer, and some fine whiskey. If there is anything else we may need, let me know with a PM.
I decided to leave my FJ-40 behind since towing it with my FJ60 is not the best configuration. Is the Club all meeting in a the same general area or are we spread out in the campground? I'm asking because I've never been there.

Awww yeah! We will be camped together and not too difficult to spot. If you have some firewood to spare and can accommodate it, we will surely burn it. We have yet to say "Damn, we brought too much firewood".
See you there.

I'm not going to be able to get there in time to set-up the repeater. It turns out I have to work on Friday and will be driving up from Roanoke on Saturday morning.

I will see about firewood.

From what I understand Camp #6 is the rowdy one. This is where they put the loud crowds. I talked to Dan, one of the managers he says if we want it we can request it. Thing is, the older I get the less I can stay out late.

Camp 6 is the one BBRC reserved. It is the biggest camp they have. And allows us to park tow rigs and trailers within the camp.
It really isn't that rowdy either. Many people bring families as well.
That being said some camps stay up later than others. I always bring earplugs since it can get loud since tents don't insulate the loud snorers and early in the AM people fire up their rigs and

. . . Maybe I'll make a vat of chili too for Thursday or Friday night. . . .

I'll bring some chili fixin's. Chopped onions, cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom