Fall Crawl Planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll have my little quiet generator for charging of electronics.

I may setup a "charging station" if there is any interest...

Vince,
That's great.... I was thinking of bringing my Honda 1000 but I'm already loaded to the gills as it is... I think a charging station would be great. I set one up here at the house (out at the curb) during the Sandy aftermath and I was surprised to see lots of phones and laptops left there unattended to charge!

I don't believe so. Most of us run UHF.

I'm far behind the curve on this, so forgive me. . .

Does one need a license to use UHF, or one of the fancy "club loaner" radios that Ed has hooked us up with?

Here's our freqs on UHF we use. Don't ask me how this works though. I just turn to whatever channel Ed tells me to. :cheers:

Channel layout.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the members do use VHF and have their technician license. Our resident comms expert recommended we standardize on UHF since we can get more people on it who don't have to pass an exam. He also scored a smoking deal on a gross of Motorola GP350 handhelds which most of us use.

The club has radios to loan out if you get in one of our groups. I use a baofang. does both. Need to take the 2m test.

We normally use channel 1 or 2 depending on if we set up the repeater.

We were going to use vhf, until the frequency we were slotted to use got reassigned for other special purposes.

Some of us use both.

I'll bring two extra uhf handhelds and a few spare batteries.

I plan on arriving to the campsite Thursday afternoon/evening.

Matt should be there Friday morning and he will have the club's 6 loaner radios and the gang charger which everyone can use. The charger will operate off of 12 VDC or 120 VAC. He will also have the PA system for the raffle, which will also operate on 12 VDC or 120VAC. Due to a bunch of conflicts impacting StaleAle and me, it looks like the repeater is not going to make it this time. Remember, channels 2, 4 & 6 are repeater channels, so they will not work without the repeater. Channels 1, 3, 5 & 7 - 16 will work.

Have fun guys!!!
Ed

Last edited:
All,

Just wondering who is going to show up today and maybe what time? Still debating if I should come out today or tomorrow?

Cant wait,

Mitch

Arriving today is more better.

Are you going to be there? Do you know of anyone else who's going to be there today?

I think Stump was trying to get there today by lunch time so he might already be there.

I won't be there until Saturday afternoon so if anyone breaks and needs parts delivery hit me up.

Hope that wont be necessary. Just show up and will smoke some cigars. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom