Fabrication Shop Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed, I just don't have the time or space to do it, and no luck so far on anyone who will do that kind of work.
Have you reached out to Redline down in CO Springs?

That sounds amazing. I have a baby and a toddler right now, so I am probably about as busy as I can be in life at the moment. Give me a decade and I just might be able to pull that off! :bang: I feel like the emoji sums up the issue, ha.
What @kirvesmies said - the meetings are a family affair. There’s always a kid or ten of ‘em there, wives, girlfriends, partners too. Heck there’s a whole subgroup of badass gals that wheel the snot out of their trucks. A lot of times folks will show up early and run their tiny RC crawler trucks and kids always get a turn. The meetings from now until November-ish will be outside, so it’s a fun time. If you’re kiddo is very small, just open the hatch, leave the tailgate closed, and use the cargo area as a play pen! Bring a cooler and some lawn chairs.

FYI Well Sorted moved to Georgia recently. Redline in the Springs is definitely worth a call too.

You sir, are my hero.
that, is something i've not heard in a long time :hillbilly:
one more case in point, re: kids, 11 years ago when my 2 eldest grandkids were 3 yrs old, i took them camping. in my style, no tent, just tarp awning. that's how we've camped since n they tell their parents, no i don't want to camp with them (other friends), cuz they don't camp like papa.:cool:
but, i digress, i hope you can find someone to help you out with your fab requirements

that, is something i've not heard in a long time :hillbilly:
one more case in point, re: kids, 11 years ago when my 2 eldest grandkids were 3 yrs old, i took them camping. in my style, no tent, just tarp awning. that's how we've camped since n they tell their parents, no i don't want to camp with them (other friends), cuz they don't camp like papa.:cool:
but, i digress, i hope you can find someone to help you out with your fab requirements
That is wonderful, super cool to hear you were able to make those kinds of memories. I hope you have many more to come! Thanks for the well wishes on the truck.

What @kirvesmies said - the meetings are a family affair. There’s always a kid or ten of ‘em there, wives, girlfriends, partners too. Heck there’s a whole subgroup of badass gals that wheel the snot out of their trucks. A lot of times folks will show up early and run their tiny RC crawler trucks and kids always get a turn. The meetings from now until November-ish will be outside, so it’s a fun time. If you’re kiddo is very small, just open the hatch, leave the tailgate closed, and use the cargo area as a play pen! Bring a cooler and some lawn chairs.
Sounds like a great time! Once we move into the stage past sleep deprivation because of the baby, I am in :)

I sent him a message on instagram, so I will let you know if he gets back to me. Thanks for sharing that info!
I was able to get in touch with him, and its something he said he would take on. I am waiting to hear back on a quote, but seems promising. Thats the first person/shop out of about two dozen to give it a green light. Thanks again for that suggestion!

Hello,

I am hoping someone in the Colorado, Denver/ Front Range area, may know of anyone taking on fabrication work? I have taken my FJ62 to CTS up in Conifer in the past, they are great, but they aren't doing fabrication work. I seem to be hitting this roadblock everywhere I try. I have searched the threads listing shops in the area, but some are closed while others won't look at fabrication work unless its a full restoration. The rear end of the cruiser has c channels that need replaced and the shock hanger. The usual culprits of rusting out. Or someone can throw me a number to buy the FJ and put me out of my misery, ha. Any info on fab shops/ guys would be very very appreciated!

Here is a link to a gallery with about 100 images of the FJ so you can get a vibe of where I am at. Thanks!

Glad you found somebody. CTS isnt really interested in taking on more than just basic mechanical and maintenance repairs at this point. They are preparing to move out of Colorado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom