Fabrication Shop Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am hoping someone in the Colorado, Denver/ Front Range area, may know of anyone taking on fabrication work? I have taken my FJ62 to CTS up in Conifer in the past, they are great, but they aren't doing fabrication work. I seem to be hitting this roadblock everywhere I try. I have searched the threads listing shops in the area, but some are closed while others won't look at fabrication work unless its a full restoration. The rear end of the cruiser has c channels that need replaced and the shock hanger. The usual culprits of rusting out. Or someone can throw me a number to buy the FJ and put me out of my misery, ha. Any info on fab shops/ guys would be very very appreciated!

Here is a link to a gallery with about 100 images of the FJ so you can get a vibe of where I am at. Thanks!

Hello,

I am hoping someone in the Colorado, Denver/ Front Range area, may know of anyone taking on fabrication work? I have taken my FJ62 to CTS up in Conifer in the past, they are great, but they aren't doing fabrication work. I seem to be hitting this roadblock everywhere I try. I have searched the threads listing shops in the area, but some are closed while others won't look at fabrication work unless its a full restoration. The rear end of the cruiser has c channels that need replaced and the shock hanger. The usual culprits of rusting out. Or someone can throw me a number to buy the FJ and put me out of my misery, ha. Any info on fab shops/ guys would be very very appreciated!

Here is a link to a gallery with about 100 images of the FJ so you can get a vibe of where I am at. Thanks!

Try first choice fabrication near high country 4x4. They might be able to help.

try hitting up Donnie Lovett, hes in the Springs but works on chassis and other metal fabrication. His insta handle is @rocky_mountain_chassis_fab

@ZayaR Try Envision Fabrication or RSG Offroad. Both are familiar with cruisers, and I think both are in Lakewood.

@dbbowen I’ve seen that guys work on Instagram - good looking stuff.

Try first choice fabrication near high country 4x4. They might be able to help.
Thank you so much for getting back to me, I spoke with them and am waiting to hear back if its something they would take on. I will keep you posted!

@ZayaR Try Envision Fabrication or RSG Offroad. Both are familiar with cruisers, and I think both are in Lakewood.

@dbbowen I’ve seen that guys work on Instagram - good looking stuff.
That is fantastic, thank you for taking the time to reach out and share that info. I was able to contact RSG and will let you know how it plays out. They said they normally don't do fab work on older cruisers, but will have one of their guys check it out. I couldn't find anything for Envision on a google search though. I found a fabricator that does architectural stuff, maybe they do other fab work on the side?

What's wrong with it? C channels rusted? @TRAIL TAILOR makes replacement channels
Yea, that would one of the issues. I was actually going to order those for when I find a fab guy who can do the work. That and the normal issue of the shock hanger rusting out at the frame. It's all basic fab work, it just seems not a lot of shops aren't taking on old cruisers.

Yea, that would one of the issues. I was actually going to order those for when I find a fab guy who can do the work. That and the normal issue of the shock hanger rusting out at the frame. It's all basic fab work, it just seems not a lot of shops aren't taking on old cruisers.
It's pretty straightforward job the rivets are a pain tho

@ZayaR

@kirvesmies suggestion is a great one, except … the local cruiser heads have their own separate forum that’s not part of Mud. Come over to the dark side of the Rising Sun Forum! Search for Envision Fab over there and you’ll find the info, or post and get more local recommendations.

@ZayaR

@kirvesmies suggestion is a great one, except … the local cruiser heads have their own separate forum that’s not part of Mud. Come over to the dark side of the Rising Sun Forum! Search for Envision Fab over there and you’ll find the info, or post and get more local recommendations.
haven't heard of rising sun, but living north of the great lakes may have something to do with that :meh:

@ZayaR

I actually know about Rising Sun, they seem great for being a local Toyota club! A small problem with that though, I have a baby and a toddler, so the requirements of going to a meeting to join are unattainable at the moment. Down the road for sure though. I also have a 4runner, so lots of Toyotas to join with. I could drive that there if I can't get the cruiser road worthy, ha.

@ZayaR , just a suggestion, why not check out clubhouse, header at the very top of the page. might be able to put together what i call a "thrashfest day" with some localish cruiser heads :hmm:
That sounds amazing. I have a baby and a toddler right now, so I am probably about as busy as I can be in life at the moment. Give me a decade and I just might be able to pull that off! :bang: I feel like the emoji sums up the issue, ha.

I actually know about Rising Sun, they seem great for being a local Toyota club! A small problem with that though, I have a baby and a toddler, so the requirements of going to a meeting to join are unattainable at the moment. Down the road for sure though. I also have a 4runner, so lots of Toyotas to join with. I could drive that there if I can't get the cruiser road worthy, ha.
why unattainable??? dude, take the kids with you. start 'em when they're young young n they won't fight you , as much, when older. that was my experience with my girls. ymmv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom