Extra Starter Wire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a new starter for my 73 FJ40. Only thing is, there is a little black wire w/ a connector, coming off the blockside of the solenoid. My gut is saying this is a solenoid ground wire? Wondering if I should let it dangle or clip it or ground it....? Thanks ahead of time

IMG_20190513_131201.jpg

Welcome to MUD. We have an awesome database available with the search function. Try looking up the key words “exciter wire” and you will have your answer.

Being pedantic for a moment:
Exciter wire is a wire that excites the field to start an alternator charging.

The pictured wire is ballast bypass to provide full cranking voltage to ignition coil.

Great answer. Really, a great answer. Thanks sooo much

Hard to tell if that is sarcastic or not, but if it is, you just pissed off one of your greatest resources on this site.
Way to go newbie.
Apologies if I was wrong.:rolleyes:

Most of cruiserheads on this site are more interested in teaching you about your new hobby, than doing it for you.
Even the ones that do it for a living. (like both previous posters in this thread)

I understand that the site has become huge, but there are FAQ sections that are well laid out and easy to navigate. And search is still very fruitful in most cases.
Doing a little ground work of your own will net much nicer answers from the gurus if you still don't understand what you are looking for.

Welcome to MUD. :flipoff2: (mud salute)

Now post pics of your rig. We all love pics.

(sorry about the rant, I'm having a bad day)

If you're having a bad day, stay off my thread.
I came here for simple answers to a simple question, which I already had the answer for.
NOT, for some douche to tell me to look exciter wires up,
OR for another dip-ass to call me a "newbie".
As Land Cruiser owners ,
I expected this forum to be full of RAD people who have straight shooting solutions
to both simple & complex issues.
Hopefully, I was right, and you two geniuses were just as you said "having a bad day".
Thanks for your input & please come again.

I came here for simple answers to a simple question, which I already had the answer for.
As Land Cruiser owners ,
I expected this forum to be full of RAD people who have straight shooting solutions
Hopefully, I was right, and you two geniuses were just as you said "having a bad day".

Well, 3 posts and a member for 1 day = newbie, newbie.
And if you had the answer already why ask?

Not to put you off enjoying this wonderful forum, but within 2:21 hours you got a direction to the answer to your question.
Fifteen minutes of YOUR valuable time would have confirmed what you thought you knew already.

:flipoff2: (not the mud salute)

Would you look at this guy?
Calling someone a douche for asking you to do a search?
Get the f outa here...
It's not very often we get a s*** bag straight off the docs... but here you are!!!
Good luck...

You had the answer? Then by all means ground it ... that’s what You thought it was ... it is not

To call Mark a douche is NOT the way to get anybody to help you.

Many people spend weeks or years ‘lurking’ on mud gleaning information that is available here and to not be an AH or an ignorant DB as the people who provide this information have been helping grateful people for longer than the internet has been around.

Go buy a jeep

As Land Cruiser owners ,

Wow. He gave a great answer to your question and this is how you reply? The guy was giving you great advice by telling you how you could learn more about what you were asking. You’re clearly the one having the bad day. And yeah, most forums encourage their participants to use the search function.

This guy has to be the biggest douche of all time in this forum. I mean, what kind of mental midget would say he came here for an answer to a question he already had the answer to?

Last edited:
You had the answer? Then by all means ground it ... that’s what You thought it was ... it is not

To call Mark a douche is NOT the way to get anybody to help you.

Many people spend weeks or years ‘lurking’ on mud gleaning information that is available here and to not be an AH or an ignorant DB as the people who provide this information have been helping grateful people for longer than the internet has been around.

Go buy a jeep
Go buy a Jeep...now that’s funny!

typical forum bull. From typical forum types, as usual. Thanks for the feedback and the laughs douchebags

Ok, boys, you’ve made your point.

We all have bad days...

Mark’s a big boy and is not given to biting his tongue... if he’s bothered, he’s perfectly able to state a very eloquent and biting response.

It’s Friday, share the news!! ;)

Dunning Kruger... that was enlightening...
And so true...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom