This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan it is my understanding that the "MX" model reads Trans Temp. I know a few of the FJC, Tacoma and Rover guys that bought it specifically for the Trans Temp feature.

Shows below that it does. I will play with mine once the rig gets back from the dealer.

Ultragauge
Ultragauge communicates with the vehicle's computer to capture real time vehicle data via the OBDII in order to provide a broad range of features which include:

• Fuel Economy - Instantaneous MPG, Average MPG, Distance to Empty, Time to Empty, Fuel Used, Fuel rate, etc.
  • Engine Parameters - RPM, MPH, Engine Load, HP, Torque, Coolant Temperature, Intake pressure, and many more
  • Trouble Codes - Display trouble codes and potential trouble codes. Clear the Check Engine Light
  • Performance - Provides acceleration and braking times, such as 0-60, 0-100, Quarter Mile, etc.
  • Emissions - Check the emissions readiness of your vehicle
  • Alarms - create alarms for any gauge to warn of such events as coolant temperature too high.
  • Manufacturer gauges - Access hidden manufacturer gauges such as Transmission temperature. Manufacturer parameters are those not included in the OBDII standard. (MX and wireless Ultragauge only)
  • Trip gauges - Monitor Average MPG, fuel used, Average Speed, etc for trips
  • Metric - Ultragauge supports both English and Metric units simultaneously
  • Much more
For detailed feature information, please click back or close above, and click the large wired or wireless Ultragauge buttons.

Wireless and Wired Ultragauge
Ultragauge is available in two basic forms; wired & wireless. The wired version is a purpose built, self-contained, all-in-one device. The wireless version combines with a smartphone, tablet or other Apple or Android device. Both Ultragauge type provide very similar capabilities and features. Click here to learn some basic difference between the two choices

What is UltraGauge?
UltraGauge is often categorized and called different things. UltraGauge is an Automotive Information center and Scan Tool. It is common to just refer to UltraGauge as a "Scan Tool", however this is not accurate because a Scan Tool is only meant as a diagnostic tool which gathers trouble codes and other diagnostic information. While UltraGauge does provide the Scan Tool functionality, it provides a much broader real time suite of gauges and other features not found on Scan Tools (AKA code readers). While Scan Tools are meant to be attached, information gathered, and then unplugged, UltraGauge is designed to be permanently attached providing continuous real-time vehicle information.

Commonly used phrases for UltraGauge are:

OBDII scanner
OBDII code reader
OBDII scantool
OBDII scan tool
OBDII reader
OBDII gauge
OBDII Bluetooth
OBDII iPhone
OBDII Android
OBDII wireless
OBDII wired
OBDII scan gauge
OBDII MPG gauge

Hey Jason, sorry to drag this back up from the grave but I was curious as to if you figured out trans temp readings with the MX? Or messed around with it further. If PMing me is easier than going back and forth here that totally works.

Thank you

Hey Jason, sorry to drag this back up from the grave but I was curious as to if you figured out trans temp readings with the MX? Or messed around with it further. If PMing me is easier than going back and forth here that totally works.

Thank you

I never did anything further and pulled the gauge and its in a box somewhere.

J

I never did anything further and pulled the gauge and its in a box somewhere.

J
Hm, alright. Any chance you'd be willing to part with it? If not it's all good, I'll pull the trigger on one new and play around with it. Another question would be which preprogramming option you went with at purchase (unless it doesn't matter).

I will be making new bumpers and sliders for ESME. The ones on her currently are in great shape. Just need a powder coat refresh. No dents or gashes.

It will take me about 3-4 weeks to make the new ones and ship these out.

All parts- sand blasted to bare metal - Front bumper w/baja design squadron pro LEDS, rear bumper with dual arms and sliders - 4000.00 shipped to the lower 48.

Can see bumpers and sliders in this thread. PM me if interested. No interest at the moment of separating package.

Jason

With the new dings, a rear quarter dent and rear tailgate changed out. I was going to do some bodywork and have her wrapped. But with the quotes from 3800-6000.00 and I have to sand and re-clear... Might as well make the exterior trail proof.

YEP-- I will spray with Genesis poly and get the OEM color match. Most people think this is a bedliner material, but it not. It is an industrial top finish. I can sand the entire rig down in about half a day and no harm to the sheetmetal from heating up. Just simple 60 grit and a DA.

Last one I did this week on a HJ61. Texture is the size of the head of a pin for reference.

Jason

PXL_20230810_141129286.jpg
PXL_20230809_182110604.jpg

PXL_20230809_182024423.jpg

I still have one more 100 SAS kit and 5" extended axle with a TruHi 9" front, ARB locker and 4.88s. So need to make some decisions on where to go now.

I just ordered 315/75/16 tires (34.8") Cooper ST MAXX that arrived.

Will be taking the SCS wheels to powder and blacking them out.

Seems like the ST Maxx is your go-to tire- do those bridge the gap between a MT and AT- and hold up pretty well to sharp rocks?

Seems like the ST Maxx is your go-to tire- do those bridge the gap between a MT and AT- and hold up pretty well to sharp rocks?

I've run 5 sets on various rigs.

Most miles I've gotten is 57452 out of a set. Yes, they are a MT/AT hybrid and Ive had good look on all terrains with them.

I like the versatility and they are much quieter than any MT I've ever run.

J

With the new dings, a rear quarter dent and rear tailgate changed out. I was going to do some bodywork and have her wrapped. But with the quotes from 3800-6000.00 and I have to sand and re-clear... Might as well make the exterior trail proof.

YEP-- I will spray with Genesis poly and get the OEM color match. Most people think this is a bedliner material, but it not. It is an industrial top finish. I can sand the entire rig down in about half a day and no harm to the sheetmetal from heating up. Just simple 60 grit and a DA.

Last one I did this week on a HJ61. Texture is the size of the head of a pin for reference.

Jason

View attachment 3399772View attachment 3399773
View attachment 3399774

What color is that? Looks gun-blue-black ??

I like it

Are you saying that esme will be oem green in this texture? If so that’s sounds really good

What color is that? Looks gun-blue-black ??

I like it

Are you saying that esme will be oem green in this texture? If so that’s sounds really good

60 above is OEM #155 Dark gray metallic even has the metal flake in it.

Yes Esme will be the OEM #6Q7 Imperial jade mica with all black trim.

I remember that design. It’s like the one that guy chased you down to buy off the back of your truck 😂

I almost shot that guy... I made 4 of these arms and 2 remain. This was the most complete and cleanest. Been sitting for a couple years in the corner collecting dust.

315/75/16 (34.5") Cooper ST Maxx are mounted and balanced on the SCS wheels. Satin black color change on the wheels.

Dobinsons IMS front (extended length) and rear shocks added this morning after breakfast with my good friend @Butt Ugly Chuck

I'll be cranking the arms Monday and gaining another inch up front and getting a little better rake. The extended travel shocks get me back to 60+mm of droop after the crank.

Sorry for the crap pictures... I'm on phone # 2 this week and waiting on #3. Rough week for phones at Trail Tailor.

Jason

PXL_20230915_185851718.jpg
PXL_20230916_164547041.jpg
PXL_20230915_194207433.jpg
PXL_20230916_163238255.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom