EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
This kit is 100% plug and play, no need to splice any wires.

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $85 shipped to 48 states. Please send PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1839355

HELLO medtro,, I AM TEMPORARY RUNNING THE CABLE FROM BATTERY WITH TOGGLE SWITCH SO BATTERY DOESNT DRAIN AND CAR STARTS WITH NO PROBLEM..I ORDERED AND RECEIVED YOUR RELAY KIT AND INSTALLED IT CORRECTLY AND CAR WONT START... WENT BACK TO THE DIRECT CABLE CONNECTION AND CAR STARTS,, YOU THINK THE RELAY ON YOUR KIT IS DEFECTIVE?? ANY TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS???..I WELCOME YOUR REPLY
Try to hookup the fused wire straight to the battery instead of terminal A of the efi fuse.

A question: Do I understand correctly that this kit effectively bypasses the digital security device found in the key? If the answer is no, disregard the rest of this post.

An observation: I have NEVER seen a thread where there were so many new members with their first and only post, sometimes reading "I'M NEED THISfIX 4 MI TRUK!@!" I didn't count, but I think there about nine or ten people who have zero history and joined mud just to reply to this thread.

An extrapolation: Is it possible that one or more of those people ordered the kit for the purpose of stealing 100's?

I understand that there are other work-arounds (mentioned and linked in this thread even) which obviate the need for this, most clean variant of the bypass. Having said that, I wonder if there's been a noticeable increase in the theft of these vehicles since this type of information has appeared on radar.

"You still need a key!" they say. Funny story - I needed a key for a different Lexus I had circa 2001. I gave the guy at the parts desk of Stevens Creek Lexus in the Bay Area my VIN and I had a fresh key within a few days. Why couldn't I do that for any Lexus I fancied? A new key is much cheaper than buying a car. Hell, do it for one on the lot! They HAVE to have implemented a proof of ownership requirement since then.

Oh, and I'M NEED THISfIX 4 MI TRUK. I'll hit you up when I get stateside with my truck. MY truck.

Cheers,

No, you don't have it understand correctly.

My local Toyota and Lexus dealers will not cut key or give out key code without proof of ownership.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRUCK.

A question: Do I understand correctly that this kit effectively bypasses the digital security device found in the key? If the answer is no, disregard the rest of this post.

An observation: I have NEVER seen a thread where there were so many new members with their first and only post, sometimes reading "I'M NEED THISfIX 4 MI TRUK!@!" I didn't count, but I think there about nine or ten people who have zero history and joined mud just to reply to this thread.

An extrapolation: Is it possible that one or more of those people ordered the kit for the purpose of stealing 100's?

I understand that there are other work-arounds (mentioned and linked in this thread even) which obviate the need for this, most clean variant of the bypass. Having said that, I wonder if there's been a noticeable increase in the theft of these vehicles since this type of information has appeared on radar.

"You still need a key!" they say. Funny story - I needed a key for a different Lexus I had circa 2001. I gave the guy at the parts desk of Stevens Creek Lexus in the Bay Area my VIN and I had a fresh key within a few days. Why couldn't I do that for any Lexus I fancied? A new key is much cheaper than buying a car. Hell, do it for one on the lot! They HAVE to have implemented a proof of ownership requirement since then.

Oh, and I'M NEED THISfIX 4 MI TRUK. I'll hit you up when I get stateside with my truck. MY truck.

Cheers,

Do you know if this will work on a 2006 LX470? I see a lot of earlier years in the thread, but not later like mine.

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
This kit is 100% plug and play, no need to splice any wires.

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $85 shipped to 48 states. Please send PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1839355
Hello, Can't PM but would like to order this kit. Please contact me with total for payment. Thanks, Buzztower

I have one from medtro that I am not using.

My A connection is shot (the fuse) and medtro said to connect directly to the battery post.

I dont want to drill a hole on the fuse box to let a wire out, so i bit the bullet and got a whole new fuse box.

I just want my cost back if anyone wants to take it off me. Thanks.

Just installed mine and it worked like a charm. Super quick ship and piece of cake install. Thanks medtro!

I just bought a 2007 Land Cruiser and am driving it from Oregon back to Texas next week. Can you ship one of these to me to arrive by Thursday/Friday this week?

PM with paypal info and I'll get the total $ to you asap. Shipping to 78751. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom